asus gtx 1080 turbo 8g overheat, searching 4 cooling solution

Luki

Hi there,

My name is Luka I am from Europe.
I have Asus GTX 1080 Turbo 8G. Reason? It was a good deal, I mean really good.
So problem is this card has alot of overclock potential with my testings, but I could be wrong cause card was overheating too much to point where it thermal throttles.
Default temps in any of games are around 75-80. It has alot of OC potential as I mentioned but problem is temps go to 90, and then you know what happens.
I don't think I have to explain that much.

I was looking into Alphacool Eiswolf 120, that supports watercooling for my card and its AIO but with taxes and shipping its around 220 Euros, which is too much for me.
After that I was suggested to look into Arctic Accelero IV and III, but couldn't find anyone that put it on GTX 1080 that I have, so its risk even to buy it?

I am now using it on stock speeds cause its only "stable" ver. that I have.
I appologize for bad English infront and hope you guys will understand in what position I am now. Cause both store and asus are not gonna provide me solution, but to keep my card at stock speeds.
I would really like some kind of cheap cooling solution. Also if you have any coupons that would be great.

My specs are:
i7 4770k 4.5Ghz, with Seidon AIO 120mm
24GB Mushkin, 2133Mhz CL9
Maximus VII Ranger
CS 750M
case is Silencio 652S
And card is as I mentioned ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO 8G

If you need more info please tell me, my budget is around 100 euros.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

I investigated abit accelero and bought one today for 50 euros brand new sealed, I will install it these days, it seems to be "thight" fit, but problem should be solved.
Ty @whoisit1118 for suggestion.
I will post my results somewhere else if you guys are interested.
Thread can now be closed ty.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this GPU too. It does run hot when overclocked. The NZXT G12 fixed EVERYTHING. I run a constant overclock that never drops below 2000MHz and the temps have never been higher than 50c.

Could you report back and let us know how the Accelero performs? 

Setup // CPU: 7700k@5.0Ghz w/ H100i v2 // MB: MSI Z270 Gaming M5 // HDD: 1x500GB 960EVO 1x500GB 850EVO 2x4TB 7,200 Barracudas // RAM: 16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance // GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2000MHz w/ NZXT G12 // PSU: 550W EVGA G2 // Case: Phanteks P400S TG

• 2 months later...

@robinson427 is this the one you use for your asus geforce gtx 1080 turbo? : NZXT Kraken G12 GPU Kit white.

15 hours ago, HamPZ said:

@robinson427 is this the one you use for your asus geforce gtx 1080 turbo? : NZXT Kraken G12 GPU Kit white.

Yes! And I paired it with the Corsair H55. Works great!

Setup // CPU: 7700k@5.0Ghz w/ H100i v2 // MB: MSI Z270 Gaming M5 // HDD: 1x500GB 960EVO 1x500GB 850EVO 2x4TB 7,200 Barracudas // RAM: 16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance // GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo @ 2000MHz w/ NZXT G12 // PSU: 550W EVGA G2 // Case: Phanteks P400S TG

• 2 months later...
On 6/1/2018 at 10:21 PM, robinson427 said:

Yes! And I paired it with the Corsair H55. Works great!

I am considering buying this card as I can get it for very cheap now that the Nvidia 2000 series GPUs have been announced. I am looking to put the g12 on the card however I know that the card does not have a reference PCB and that the capacitors on the right hand side of the card are quite tall.  Does it interfere with the g12 in anyway?  If it’s not too much of an inconvenience could you please send a picture of the space between the capacitor and the g12.  Thanks.

On 2/19/2018 at 5:28 AM, Luki said:

Hi there,

My name is Luka I am from Europe.
I have Asus GTX 1080 Turbo 8G. Reason? It was a good deal, I mean really good.
So problem is this card has alot of overclock potential with my testings, but I could be wrong cause card was overheating too much to point where it thermal throttles.
Default temps in any of games are around 75-80. It has alot of OC potential as I mentioned but problem is temps go to 90, and then you know what happens.
I don't think I have to explain that much.

I was looking into Alphacool Eiswolf 120, that supports watercooling for my card and its AIO but with taxes and shipping its around 220 Euros, which is too much for me.
After that I was suggested to look into Arctic Accelero IV and III, but couldn't find anyone that put it on GTX 1080 that I have, so its risk even to buy it?

I am now using it on stock speeds cause its only "stable" ver. that I have.
I appologize for bad English infront and hope you guys will understand in what position I am now. Cause both store and asus are not gonna provide me solution, but to keep my card at stock speeds.
I would really like some kind of cheap cooling solution. Also if you have any coupons that would be great.

My specs are:
i7 4770k 4.5Ghz, with Seidon AIO 120mm
24GB Mushkin, 2133Mhz CL9
Maximus VII Ranger
CS 750M
case is Silencio 652S
And card is as I mentioned ASUS GTX 1080 TURBO 8G

If you need more info please tell me, my budget is around 100 euros.

Arctic GPU cooler https://hothardware.com/reviews/arctic-accelero-xtreme-iv-gpu-cooler-review-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-chill-out

16 hours ago, AndrewRadz said:

I am considering buying this card as I can get it for very cheap now that the Nvidia 2000 series GPUs have been announced. I am looking to put the g12 on the card however I know that the card does not have a reference PCB and that the capacitors on the right hand side of the card are quite tall.  Does it interfere with the g12 in anyway?  If it’s not too much of an inconvenience could you please send a picture of the space between the capacitor and the g12.  Thanks.

If you're referring to the ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo, then yes the NZXT G12 is a perfect fit with 1 issue. It came with two tall pads there were just a little too long. I had to trim the pads down a couple of mm's. It's too much work for me to take a picture. Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...
On 3/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, robinson427 said:

I have this GPU too. It does run hot when overclocked. The NZXT G12 fixed EVERYTHING. I run a constant overclock that never drops below 2000MHz and the temps have never been higher than 50c.

Could you report back and let us know how the Accelero performs? 

how come it fixed everything? Kraken G12 don't have enough aluminum to sink the heat from memory chips and power chokes... Problem should still be around.. please clarify