[SOLVED] Computer Crashes, Screen freezes, peripherals lose power

DarkTemplar87

I've had no problem with my system up until recently. My CPU cooler failed, and I had that replaced. I also picked up a new Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD.
My problem is that my computer will randomly freeze, seemingly only while playing League of Legends. When the computer freezes, the screen will stay on, and my peripherals will lose power. It's an entire system crash because everything becomes unresponsive, any music I was listening to will stop, and the only way to fix it is a force reboot. From what I can tell, even with a cheaper CPU cooler, my CPU temps are sitting at about 50-60 degrees Celcius while under load. I suspected it might be an issue with the SSD because I cloned it from another drive, so I ran a clean windows install last night and I just had another crash today. It happens about once every 4-5 hours or so. I wonder if my PSU might be failing, but it should have PLENTY of power for my system. League of Legends is installed on my Samsung SSD. As far as I can tell, it's the only game I experience crashes with (I can't remember but it may have happened with Fortnite as well).

I can leave the system on overnight running tasks such as Minecraft console clients, or other misc. scripts. From time to time it will crash while doing things like Chrome browsing, but it's much more often while playing League.

NZXT CAM Records my stats while playing League, it reports an average CPU temp of 56 degrees Celcius, and an average GPU temp or 65 degrees Celcius at 100 FPS, all settings maxed. Max CPU temp was 63 degrees, max GPU temp was 70 degrees.

Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated?

System Specs:
i7-6700k 4.0 GHZ (Base clock)

Temporary 3rd Party Cheap CPU Cooler 
Corsair H100i V2 AIO Water Cooler (waiting for RMA return)
Asus Z170-A Motherboard
EVGA GTX 970 4BG SSC
HyperX Fury Ram 32GB DDR4 2400 
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G1 80+ Gold Power Supply
Samsung 960 PRO M.2 SSD 512GB
PNY 120 GB SSD
Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive
Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive

Peripherals:
Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard
Razer Mamba Mouse
Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Headset
Dell 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide Monitor
Acer 27" 1920x1080 Monitor

The SSD might cause the issue. If you have both Windows and LOL on the same drive and when it crashes everything stops and loses power then the SSD is the target. But it might not be the cause. It happened to me back in the time with a WD Black 500gb. Randomly the boot drive was stopping, losing power, turning off etc. and sudden my PC was going into some sort of re-boot but still with the same image I had before the sudden freeze. Sounds like the drive is restarting but without any sign of that on the image and I had to restart it each time. To stop this I went into power-management and activated High-Performance and since then I didn't have any problems at all with the HDD.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

2 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

The SSD might cause the issue. If you have both Windows and LOL on the same drive and when it crashes everything stops and loses power then the SSD is the target. But it might not be the cause. It happened to me back in the time with a WD Black 500gb. Randomly the boot drive was stopping, losing power, turning off etc. and sudden my PC was going into some sort of re-boot but still with the same image I had before the sudden freeze. Sounds like the drive is restarting but without any sign of that on the image and I had to restart it each time. To stop this I went into power-management and activated High-Performance and since then I didn't have any problems at all with the HDD.

My system has always been running on High-Performance power. It's the first thing I changed after I installed drivers after I did a clean Windows install.

Just now, DarkTemplar87 said:

My system has always been running on High-Performance power. It's the first thing I changed after I installed drivers after I did a clean Windows install.

Have you tried removing the other drives, making your PC run only on the SSD that has both Windows and LOL? 

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

1 minute ago, R3ep3r said:

Have you tried removing the other drives, making your PC run only on the SSD that has both Windows and LOL? 

I haven't, but previously I had Windows and LoL both installed on the SATA based 120GB drive I have in there as well, with no issues whatsoever.

Just now, DarkTemplar87 said:

I haven't, but previously I had Windows and LoL both installed on the SATA based 120GB drive I have in there as well, with no issues whatsoever.

I understand that but I noticed you have plenty of drives in your PC xD And I thought one might be causing the issue and to be honest I don't think it is the m.2 SSD. Or maybe that's only my opinion. (also try re-seating the m.2 SSD maybe that's the issue)

TO BE UPGRADED:

On 2/19/2018 at 1:33 AM, R3ep3r said:

I understand that but I noticed you have plenty of drives in your PC xD And I thought one might be causing the issue and to be honest I don't think it is the m.2 SSD. Or maybe that's only my opinion. (also try re-seating the m.2 SSD maybe that's the issue)

I'll try reseating the SSD, I highly doubt it's any of the other drives though, I have other things installed on them and they all run perfectly, no lossage, relatively quick response times from all of them, no apparent signs of failure.

It just happened again while playing Fortnite, GPU was at 100% load 70 degrees. I unplugged all my other hard drives and I'll try again.

Fortnite is NOT installed on my SSD though, it was installed on my SATA ssd.

EventViewer is showing both NZXT CAM and Corsair LINK 4 crashing just as my system crashes... Corsair LINK always crashes before CAM, so I'm going to plug in my hard drives again, and I have removed Corsair LINK and hopefully, that was the problem...

20 minutes ago, DarkTemplar87 said:

EventViewer is showing both NZXT CAM and Corsair LINK 4 crashing just as my system crashes... Corsair LINK always crashes before CAM, so I'm going to plug in my hard drives again, and I have removed Corsair LINK and hopefully, that was the problem...

I hope so. Waiting for the results tho'.

TO BE UPGRADED:

1 hour ago, R3ep3r said:

I hope so. Waiting for the results tho'.

I've played 3 games of Fortnite so far with no issues...  Hope that did it. 

No crashes since deleting Corsair LINK 4. If you have it get rid of that POS program