BF4 Frame rate issue

josh22920killer

WARNING: PG-13 language used in the video.

As you can see, in the video I am having major FPS loss.
I know this is an old topic but, I tried fixes from 2014. Source http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2390044/battlefield-fps-drop-stuttering-lag-fix.html

It has nothing to do with in-game settings, I fiddled with everything including v-sync. The frames only seem to drop when I shoot a gun at a high rate of fire OR if an explosion happens near me. I reinstalled the game 2 times with no change. The game is barely playable in its current state, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Im running:
6850k @3.6ghz
Founders edition GTX TITAN XP
64gb Gskill Ripjaws @3200mhz  (4 dims)

I'm sure we can rule a gear bottleneck out :)

Are you recording to an old hard drive? 

Is your internet connection bad? 

Is the recording software frame rate set to the game’s? 

Last thing I got is maybe turn down the resolution and or bit rate. 

Sorry if nothing helps. Unless the software is glitchy, I’m thinking it may have issues writing the video to the disk. You can report your thread to have it moved to programs section. May do more for you. 

2 minutes ago, fpo said:

Are you recording to an old hard drive? 

Is your internet connection bad? 

Is the recording software frame rate set to the game’s? 

Last thing I got is maybe turn down the resolution and or bit rate. 

Sorry if nothing helps. Unless the software is glitchy, I’m thinking it may have issues writing the video to the disk. You can report your thread to have it moved to programs section. May do more for you. 

The HDD is only a year old and all my other games (including BF1&BF3) run perfectly on it.

It's not the internet connection because I see the framerate drop from 200 to 5 suddenly.
When I play the game without recording video the problem persists. It's no better when I record or don't record. Same performance with the software disabled.
It's not the resolution because I brought it down to 720p and it still had the same issue.

Something is wrong with the actual game, not sure where to begin but this was a large problem during its PC launch.

have you tried to disable origin's ingame menu or whatever.

it might be also a driver problem, try an older driver

4 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

have you tried to disable origin's ingame menu or whatever.

it might be also a driver problem, try an older driver

Yea the menu has been disabled, could you elaborate on the driver?

2 minutes ago, josh22920killer said:

Yea the menu has been disabled, could you elaborate on the driver?

well you have both a fast cpu and a fast gpu so those are probably not the problem, you also only seem to have problems in one game which removes the possibility of a Os level problem, so that leaves 2 things the game itself and driver problems, as games get older sometimes newer revisions cause problems ( not saying that i saw that happen to bf4 before). considering the game hasn't had any updates in a while i find it hard to believe its a game problem.

still its a weird issue hope you find the cause of it, still think its the best bf game of those on frostbite engine

Have you tried V-Sync? The frame rate may be too high. 

41 minutes ago, fpo said:

Have you tried V-Sync? The frame rate may be too high. 

As stated above yes, I wish it were that simple lol.

1 hour ago, cj09beira said:

well you have both a fast cpu and a fast gpu so those are probably not the problem, you also only seem to have problems in one game which removes the possibility of a Os level problem, so that leaves 2 things the game itself and driver problems, as games get older sometimes newer revisions cause problems ( not saying that i saw that happen to bf4 before). considering the game hasn't had any updates in a while i find it hard to believe its a game problem.

still its a weird issue hope you find the cause of it, still think its the best bf game of those on frostbite engine

Ill test this out once I return home.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:53 PM, cj09beira said:

This did not fix the issue unfortunately... :/

Do you use a custom user cfg? Try running the game without it if you have one

10 hours ago, cj09beira said:

Do you use a custom user cfg? Try running the game without it if you have one

Yes I am, it was one of the listed fixes from 2014 but ill try to see if that makes any difference once I return home today.