Best cheap small lighting setup

A lamp dangling from the ceiling ? It ain't gettin cheaper than that

2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

Come on!! 

Just now, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Come on!! 

Well give some details about that room first, how big is it ? Do you prefer lighting from the ceiling or lamps sitting on the floor ? Leds ? RGB ? Neons ?

Come on!! 

$100?? $150?? $200?? $250?? $300-$500?? 

4 minutes ago, Generallee said:

1 minute ago, Generallee said:

Well give some details about that room first, how big is it ? Do you prefer lighting from the ceiling or lamps sitting on the floor ? Leds ? RGB ? Neons ?

Light from ceiling is not good for my room, lamps on floor is a good option, lamp on desk?? Is it possible??? Any type of lamp is good, as I am a beginner. 

5 minutes ago, Generallee said:

Well, I am trying to start a low budget YouTube channel

Light from ceiling is not good for my room, lamps on floor is a good option, lamp on desk?? Is it possible??? Any type of lamp is good, as I am a beginner. 

I have two phillips hue's I got on sale for around 30bucks each, they dont illuminate THAT much but they are a nice addition to any room, an LED strip I got for 15$ is stuck under the office desk and  I have a standing halogen lamp that lights up the whole room quite nicely. It shouldn't be that expensive and certainly nowhere near 500$ I guess.

5 minutes ago, Generallee said:

I have two phillips hue's I got on sale for around 30bucks each, they dont illuminate THAT much but they are a nice addition to any room, an LED strip I got for 15$ is stuck under the office desk and  I have a standing halogen lamp that lights up the whole room quite nicely. It shouldn't be that expensive and certainly nowhere near 500$ I guess.

Yeah, that's a very good idea. But what about budget professional lights?? And what about DiY lighting?? I watched this video but I am bit confused/didn't understand anything as I am a beginner.- 

16 minutes ago, Generallee said:

And what about softbox?? How to use softbox/softbox effect in DiY ?? And softbox in your suggest setup??

8 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

And what about softbox?? How to use softbox/softbox effect in DiY ?? And softbox in your suggest setup??

Sorry I dont know anything about video production lighting equipment, maybe someone here will be able to help you

2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

Sorry I dont know anything about video production lighting equipment, maybe someone here will be able to help you

Then what are you doing here??? But thank for your help dude 

I’d suggest you watch those videos again and try to understand what he is saying because there is some great tips to create  a low budget lightning setup. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I'm a beginner as well, but I can tell you that for 500$ you don't need a DIY solution. You can just buy a lighting kit that fits your budget. But I wouldn't just buy a kit. I'd buy good light stands separately and cheaper softboxes to put on them. Why? Well, when you'll actually learn enough about using lights and you'll want to get new ones you don't need to buy new stands. And if you decide to do it professionally you can then upgrade to 1000$ lights (the cheap ones :D ) and 300$ light stands.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex