wut

BoopityDoop

Just bought a new drive to replace my failing old 9years old HDD. Formatted it correctly, transferred all the files from the dying drive to the new drive.. and rebooted. After rebooting, received "Error ending End of Post message to ME: HECI Disabled, Proceeding to Boot!". It froze entirely here, forcing me to reboot yet again, and then boom.. black screen, rebooted again... black screen... and then "System files are corrupted, entering recovery environment", froze yet again.. and then had to reboot, booted perfectly into Windows this time. So fucking confused.

Appears this has been posted twice lol, ignore the other thread.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Your old hdd is having issues and not booting right. Replace it with a ssd. Thats happens with a bad hdd.

Like i said in the post, that is the drive i just swapped. Windows is already on an SSD, the HDD contained games and programs and that's it, so i don't see why Windows is flipping the fuck out lmao

just a note: renaming your forum post to what your issue actually is will get you much more respect and assistance with your issue... :P

There was probably something malicious on the old drive that windows was trying to fix before letting you use the new one. Leave it for a bit and see what happens.

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

3 minutes ago, BoopityDoop said:

Like i said in the post, that is the drive i just swapped. Windows is already on an SSD, the HDD contained games and programs and that's it, so i don't see why Windows is flipping the fuck out lmao

Is the bootloader on the hdd?  Bad hdds can still screw things up as the system will wait for io.

Could also just be a bug. If it boots id ignore it.

2 minutes ago, Genericplane said:

just a note: renaming your forum post to what your issue actually is will get you much more respect and help...

i don't even know what the issue is myself to be quite honest. It's booted perfectly fine and is working now. I'm guessing windows was just tripping out or something lol, gonna run a sfc /scannow just to check for anything immediately corrupted, this has me completely lost lol

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is the bootloader on the hdd?  Bad hdds can still screw things up as the system will wait for io.

Could also just be a bug. If it boots id ignore it.

The bootloader is on the SSD. The old/dying HDD was formatted and nuked after transferring all the files from it to the new one. I'm going with bug, since it's booted perfectly fine, weird though that it locked up multiple times trying to boot before that lol.

2 minutes ago, BoopityDoop said:

i don't even know what the issue is myself to be quite honest. It's booted perfectly fine and is working now. I'm guessing windows was just tripping out or something lol, gonna run a sfc /scannow just to check for anything immediately corrupted, this has me completely lost lol

I've never seen this kinda thing before lol. Its probably nothing too serious if its working now

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

Thread merged with the duplicate.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Eliptic said:

I've never seen this kinda thing before lol. Its probably nothing too serious if its working now

Same man. In all the years of IT i've encountered issues, but this, this generally perplexed me lmao.

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Thread merged with the duplicate.

Thanks my dude.