HELP PLEASE!!! Ram isn't working...

PortzJ

Hey guys,

I am very new to this forum and I came here needing some help with my ram. I looked and couldn't find something that would directly help me with my problem on this forum or google in general. I may just be looking in the wrong places. I am not very tech savvy. I'm quite new to computers, I know somethings but not a lot. Maybe i'm not typing something right or saying it right. Here is my situation... I bought some sticks of ram from someone off the internet in a bundle. I got G.Skill Ripjaws 2gb (3 of them), two sticks of Corsair Vengeance 8g (2 of them), OCZ Gold Edition 2gb (2 of them), and that's all. I do not know much about them besides the the amount of Gb's each stick of ram is and that they are all ddr3.

Anyway the problem i'm having is when I put them into my motherboard and turn my computer on my computer on it will not boot up. It will start to turn on then turns off, and repeats. When I do this I unplug my computer completely when I put/remove the ram. My screen remains black when I try to turn it on. If I need to post any pictures, I can. What is the issue or am I doing something wrong? I need to know if they ram is damaged/broke. If it is i'm going to try to get my money back.

My PC

- PSU: 650 watt

- CPU: Intel Core i5 2320

- Motherboard: MSI P67A-C43

- Graphics:AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

Thanks,

PortzJ 

- Sorry for making this a long post

Thanks,

Portz:D

ONE: Keep in mind that your MOBO only supports 32GB of ram. 
TWO: Try JUST two of the same stick to see if it works, like the Vengeance 

Main Laptop: Google Pixelbook 

Dev mode w/ Cross Enabled

PC: Ryzen 7

1700x / 32GB 2667 / GTX 1080 / 1.5 TB of SSDs / 1TB of HDDs

Monitor: AW3418DW Ultrawide

120hz / 3440x1440 / RGB / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

2nd Monitor: Dell U2515hx

25 inches / 1440p / Portrait / Amazonbasics Dual Monitor Arm

Some assumptions I'm making:
- Your computer has already worked in the past with different RAM

- Your RAM sticks are all DDR3.

- You have a clear workspace. Preferably a dinner table (don't scratch it) with enough space for everything (including your monitor and keyboard)

- You have a few hours to do this.

This guide will pretty much test everything in your computer.

Steps to follow:

1. Unplug all extras. You don't need your front panel USB ports, mouse, hard drive, graphics card to do this test (your motherboard should have a couple video-out ports.)

2. Lay out your RAM and put a sticky note on each one with a unique number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc)

3. Plug in stick #1 into the first RAM slot and attempt to boot. If you can boot into your BIOS, then this stick works in this slot. Record that result.

4. Move the RAM stick to the next slot. Record the results.

5. Repeat step 4 until you've tested all of the slots with that stick.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you've tested all of the RAM sticks in all of the slots.

7. Take a look at your results, you should be able to determine which sticks of RAM are bad.

If by this point non of you RAM sticks work, then there are three possibilities:

A. All of the RAM is bad.

B. Your motherboard is bad.

C. Your processor is bad.

At that point, it is pretty hard to diagnose without purchasing more parts.

If by this point, some of your sticks work:

1. Fill the working slots with working RAM sticks

2. Plug in your Hard Drive

3. Attempt to boot.

If you can boot, then we know that RAM configuration works with that Drive, turn your PC off.

Now plug in your graphics card and attempt to boot.

If it boots, then we know that you have a working PC!

Gaming Desktop: ASRock Phantom Gaming X, R9-3900x, 64GB RAM, 1.5TB SSD

NAS Box: Gigabyte Z97, i5-4690, 32GB RAM, 22TB, 1TB SSD Cache.

Unfortunately, the ram doesn't work! I will try to get my money back. I tried what you said and unplugged everything, still didn't have anything happen. I tried to just use the Corsair Vengeance and that didn't work either. Thanks for all the help @Jaxder and @TrevMCC38.

Thanks,

PortzJ

Thanks,

Portz:D