I've accidentally broken my computer

Hello,

I was following a step by step instructions for overclocking on my computer with the same mother board and cpu. So I changed all my setting to what was shown in the video and then when I rebooted the computer keeps attempting to boot, but a crackling keeps happening and the system dies constantly. How do I fix this?

Don't overclock then

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

2 minutes ago, Kragos said:

Hello,

I was following a step by step instructions for overclocking on my computer with the same mother board and cpu. So I changed all my setting to what was shown in the video and then when I rebooted the computer keeps attempting to boot, but a crackling keeps happening and the system dies constantly. How do I fix this?

Each cpu will need different voltages for different frequencies, you will have to tweak them to get it to work. If it is crackling that is very bad, is it smoking? Unplug it. Also try clearing cmos

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

"Crackling" is bad.

Sounds like you pushed a little too hard.

Reset the CMOS, learn overclocking properly, then overclock and test properly.

Just putting settings in you found online is a terrible idea.

Every chip is different- learn the technique of overclocking, rather than copying someone elses overclock.

5 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Try resetting the CMOS

How do I do that?

Just now, Kragos said:

How do I do that?

Unplug your computer. Look for a small battery on your motherboard and pull it out. Wait for a few minutes and then pop the battery back in.

Just now, Kragos said:

How do I do that?

There's a small clock battery on the motherboard. If you remove it, the firmware settings (including overclocking) gets reset. You'll need to put it back in, of course.

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

Unplug your computer. Look for a small battery on your motherboard and pull it out. Wait for a few minutes and then pop the battery back in.

Okay, I've reset everything and it is turning back on. I'm going to take the overclocks off for now.

Don't OC it the luck of the draw with CPU's and with new tech already OC automatically soon OC in the main stream will disturber.    

1 minute ago, Trevor87 said:

And also what cooler are you using ?

Stock ryzen cooler

1 minute ago, Kragos said:

Stock ryzen cooler

Yea that only meant for a very small over clock witch the pc does any way depending on temps. 

Try ocing in small steps of 200 mhz, dont go all out and oc it to the max, also the psu that you are using matters, and every single cpu overclocks differently, so called "sillicon lottery".

2 hours ago, Kragos said:

Okay, I've reset everything and it is turning back on. I'm going to take the overclocks off for now.

If the video you watched doesn't have disclaimer saying "DO not use the exact settings I'm using", its very poorly made guide. First rule of overclocking is that every chip and combination is different. Any guide can only give some directions on what you can change and how much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Overclock once you've learned how to overclock (A good quality system can protect you from yourself, but everything has its breaking point.)

10 hours ago, Kragos said:

Hello,

crackling is one of those situations where you unplug it... that is very very bad