Laptop chassis gets hot.

Hello everybody.

i just want to ask what is happening inside my laptop.
my laptop usually sits around 50-60 degrees Celsius. i used openhardware monitor and msi afterburner to monitor my temps always.
but i was wondering and curious because the chassis of my laptop gets pretty hot. hotter than the temps of my cpu and gpu even my laptop is in idle or just opened chrome. the chassis is way hotter than the air coming out of the laptop vents.

can someone please help me with this. i already cleaned the fans and its heatfins. and cleaned my whole laptop. but i still haven't changed the thermal paste of the gpu and cpu.

i assumed the issue here is the poor heat transfer of cpu/gpu to the heatpipes so instead of heating the heatpipes, the motherboard heats up and affects the chassis.

please help me with this. im confused.
i am using DELL INSPIRON 15r 5520
thank you :D 

That's what laptops do, they heat up.

Maybe the thermal compound's dried up.

No way the chassis is hotter than 50-60 C tho

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

On 2/13/2018 at 6:06 PM, bleedblue said:

i mean i know that its normal for a laptop to heat up but my problem is the chassis gets hot. affecting the palmrest and the touchpad.

maybe i should check the thermal compound. thanks ! :D

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2018 at 7:06 AM, bleedblue said:

Hi you seem to know about this, can you elaborate on "thermal compound's dried up" thing cuz mackie is talking about chassis temps, i'm also having this same weird issue where my cpu and gpu is  45-50°C but my chassis is super hot really hot like burning hot keyboard bent hot, im using liquid metal on cpu but maybe i screwit somehow ,  i think a vrm may be causing this issue ,what do you think could that be the case ? this is a thin laptop  omen dh-00005  i7 9750h and rtx 2070maxq and i always had these laptops so its really weird, throw me a bone here