First time builder who can't get 144 hertz on his monitor.

Colt_McKenzie
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
58 minutes ago, Colt_McKenzie said:

I recently just finished building my first pc, and I can't get my PNY 1080TI blower edition to push out 144 HZ on my Asus vg248 monitor ( my version did not come with the QE at the end of the model number, I've told there is no difference though). Anytime I try to access the display setting in Windows 10 it says I only have the option of 60 HZ and below. My edition of the 1080 Ti only has one Hdmi port and three Display ports. I've used a display port to dual link dvi converter( included with the card)  to connect my card to the monitor, and I'm hoping therein lies the problem. Maybe buy ordering a true display connector to run directly through to the monitor will fix the issue. I'm just not sure if this will do the trick. I'm sincerely hoping somehow I haven't bought a display and a card that won't mesh with one and another to achieve 144 hz... cause that was sorta my idea );. Hopefully the display connector will do the trick, and if not hopefully some kind soul round here could help me.  

Standard DisplayPort to DVI adapters are Single-Link only. You need to use a DisplayPort cable or DVI cable end to end, no adapters.

I recently just finished building my first pc, and I can't get my PNY 1080TI blower edition to push out 144 HZ on my Asus vg248 monitor ( my version did not come with the QE at the end of the model number, I've told there is no difference though). Anytime I try to access the display setting in Windows 10 it says I only have the option of 60 HZ and below. My edition of the 1080 Ti only has one Hdmi port and three Display ports. I've used a display port to dual link dvi converter( included with the card)  to connect my card to the monitor, and I'm hoping therein lies the problem. Maybe buy ordering a true display connector to run directly through to the monitor will fix the issue. I'm just not sure if this will do the trick. I'm sincerely hoping somehow I haven't bought a display and a card that won't mesh with one and another to achieve 144 hz... cause that was sorta my idea );. Hopefully the display connector will do the trick, and if not hopefully some kind soul round here could help me.  

58 minutes ago, Colt_McKenzie said:

Standard DisplayPort to DVI adapters are Single-Link only. You need to use a DisplayPort cable or DVI cable end to end, no adapters.