I know Minecraft really

CaymanIsland

So i used to play Minecraft when i was about 7-10 or something i got on when 1.3. something was out and stopped around  1.9 something but one of my friends got me back into it and i was looking at the "Realms" and just thought to myself what the fuck is this shit I remember when you had to pay a 3 party company to run one and once you payed once they would never charge you again it was your server and you ran it off your own PC and internet not off of Microsoft servers and there servers are very far way from me and so this service would be shit I remember hours of priceless gaming. I was disgusted and started to look further into this shit and found out that you could only have 10 fucking players i nearly threw my computer across the room I once had 200 people on one fucking server and running at full speed with mods and shit it was a fucking power house omg great times but this shit makes me want to bar. ugh utter shit!

(sorry about grammar i was very angry)

tell me what you guys think.

The whole Realms deal is so that people can play with friends without having to deal with setting up an actual server. Obviously, people who play video games don't have many friends hence the 10 player limit.

I would personally encourage people to make a server instead of buying a Realm, you get a lot more free reign with a server than a Realm. Plus it only costs as much as your electricity provided you have decent hardware and internet.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Personally I don't play minecraft anymore, but I think that it is has its pros and cons, like you cannot get scammed anymore but they have taken power away from the player and given into themselves I personally don't know enough to make my own decision. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The whole Realms deal is so that people can play with friends without having to deal with setting up an actual server. Obviously, people who play video games don't have many friends hence the 10 player limit.

I would personally encourage people to make a server instead of buying a Realm, you get a lot more free reign with a server than a Realm. Plus it only costs as much as your electricity provided you have decent hardware and internet.

ahh I see what you are saying I guess the reason I had so many people on my servers was because i was the first to have one.

I live in a very small town

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Realms = pay for simplicity.

You can still run your own server.

how do you do this because I couldn't find any information on it just on these realm things 

Just now, CaymanIsland said:

ahh I see what you are saying I guess the reason I had so many people on my servers was because i was the first to have one.

I live in a very small town

I wouldn't imagine you were the first to have a server, but in your town I could see that as a more likely possibility.

I honestly prefer servers to singleplayer, you don't get the same experience playing alone as you do with a group. I mean alone, you can do whatever you want and that's all fine and cool but projects take ages to complete. With a server, you can get a huge group of friends and all do things together and that makes the multiplayer experience the best in my opinion.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, CaymanIsland said:

how do you do this because I couldn't find any information on it just on these realm things 

I know it's WikiHow, but the information holds true: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Personal-Minecraft-Server

8 minutes ago, CaymanIsland said:

So i used to play Minecraft when i was about 7-10 or something i got on when 1.3. something was out and stopped around  1.9 something but one of my friends got me back into it and i was looking at the "Realms" and just thought to myself what the fuck is this shit I remember when you had to pay a 3 party company to run one and once you payed once they would never charge you again it was your server and you ran it off your own PC and internet not off of Microsoft servers and there servers are very far way from me and so this service would be shit I remember hours of priceless gaming. I was disgusted and started to look further into this shit and found out that you could only have 10 fucking players i nearly threw my computer across the room I once had 200 people on one fucking server and running at full speed with mods and shit it was a fucking power house omg great times but this shit makes me want to bar. ugh utter shit!

(sorry about grammar i was very angry)

tell me what you guys think.

Realms is good for like a group of 3 to 7 people. Its overpriced though, it costed me two bucks to own a server to play minecraft for 10 people.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

2 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

"Very Small Town"

Georgetown or hell?

Hell hahaha good job 

The entire game is just too complex now, it's strongest characteristic was its simplicity. Now they are turning it into a monster and it has become more about the updates than actually building cool stuff. They should have left it simple and if people want bonus content then they can just use mods

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Just now, CaymanIsland said:

Hell hahaha good job 

Nice man. I visit Cayman sometimes during spring break.

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Nice man. I visit Cayman sometimes during spring break.

Ya I love it here Its Great 

Oh, something I encountered hosting my own servers, you may need to disable authorization of clients.  The central servers sometimes will not authorize people for you depending on your network setup.

To counter bots/spammers I run a whitelist.  People contacted me wanting in and I added their Name/IP to the allowed players list.

Well i can't get into minecraft anymore. I just booted it up and it has a tutorial! Whyyyy?

Also it feels like a modded minecraft with all those new stuff and blocks and structures and it just doesnt feel vanilla anymore.

1 minute ago, Almostbauws said:

Well i can't get into minecraft anymore. I just booted it up and it has a tutorial! Whyyyy?

Also it feels like a modded minecraft with all those new stuff and blocks and structures and it just doesnt feel vanilla anymore.

You can pick old builds in the launcher if you want OG Minecraft.

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Realms actually has a 30 day free trial, so me and my friends awhile ago decided to make a server for 7 people and do a playthrough of survival since we haven't played it in forever. The 30 days is enough to do whatever you need to, and if you want you can transfer it to another person to continue and get more free days.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Oh, something I encountered hosting my own servers, you may need to disable authorization of clients.  The central servers sometimes will not authorize people for you depending on your network setup.

To counter bots/spammers I run a whitelist.  People contacted me wanting in and I added their Name/IP to the allowed players list.

If you wanted to make it public you could have a password plugin to counter bots and for spammers put in a anti spam plugin/anti link/anti ip

Never liked plugins for "vanilla" servers because keeping up to date was a serious problem.  Also never had a server with more than ~50 people, so maintaining a whitelist was the simplest way to go.

hi EVERYONE this is my main account I had to make a new one for a few seconds for got my password and i was angry but now ive got it as you can see lol thanks for all the replies 

Just now, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

hi EVERYONE this is my main account I had to make a new one for a few seconds for got my password and i was angry but now ive got it as you can see lol thanks for all the replies 

ITs me this is my main