why is my average rate lower than reported rate?

hi, 

here's a miner I built last week. I noticed it has a much lower average effective hashrate compared to the reported rate. Does this mean I'm mining less? I can't figure out what is causing this problem. The only difference I could think of is that it's using a wifi usb compared to my previous build which doesn't have this problem and runs from built-in wifi. Any suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts? Derogatory comments? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey!

What cards are you running? If you're on Claymore's Miner, try Genoil's Miner instead and see if that changes.

I notice that you're getting a lot of stale shares. I bet it is a network problem after all because when the network is unstable (or your miner is low performance), sometimes your rig submits a solution for a block that's already been solved and as such it's "stale", it's wasted work.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

8 hours ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

looks normal. stale shares look normal as well

the difference is about 30 between reported and effective rates. I didn't have this before the two were almost on top of each other before. Does difficulty impact these rates? That's the only other thing I could think of.

2 hours ago, Pachuca said:

the difference is about 30 between reported and effective rates. I didn't have this before the two were almost on top of each other before. Does difficulty impact these rates? That's the only other thing I could think of.

There is loads of things that affect the average hashrate, but after 24/48 hours it should be stable. Also try restarting the miner if you can. I have had problems where the miner mined less than it should have, but after restart it was back to normal.

Just checked mine. Yes there is definately something wrong wit your miner. My average hashrate is actually higher than reported, while your average hashrate is 2/3 of reported. Im using claymore dual miner as an ethereum miner only, what miner are you using?

1 hour ago, Almostbauws said:

There is loads of things that affect the average hashrate, but after 24/48 hours it should be stable. Also try restarting the miner if you can. I have had problems where the miner mined less than it should have, but after restart it was back to normal.

ill try that. I use claymore miner v10