Corsair H100i v2

So recently I finished putting together my computer from a used computer I bought into a new case with cable extensions and new fans and all that. I bought a corsair h100i v2 which is once I got the fans to not go full blast all the time by plugging them into the cpu opt fan instead of cpu fan I now have a good system. My issue is that the logo in the middle will not light up and that the cooler does not show up in corsairlink software. I was wondering if anyone had some inside on how to go about this.

I believe there's a separate header you need to plug into the board or power supply. I've not had any experience with this cooler though.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I believe there's a separate header you need to plug into the board or power supply. I've not had any experience with this cooler though.

This. 

In the box you'll see a USB to motherboard USB header that needs to be plugged into the motherboard from your pump. Once you do this, the corsair LINK software will give you options to change settings and control the leds and whatnot. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Hello friend I've seen this water cooler before If I'm right there should be a cable in the box one side will go to the mount on the cpu and the other to a usb port my friend used usb910 this will allow you to control the color for corsairlink... as for the cpu mount not lighting up If plug in corsairlink and the lights still don't would I would assume you have a faulty product as If I'm right even without the link plugged in the pump and cpu fan plug in should allow it to work as random rgb colors most of corsair  water coolers have a 5 year warranty and I would contact them about it... hope this helps 

5 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

This. 

In the box you'll see a USB to motherboard USB header that needs to be plugged into the motherboard from your pump. Once you do this, the corsair LINK software will give you options to change settings and control the leds and whatnot. 

I have it plugged in and I have tried both usb 2 headers on my motherboard. It isn't that big of a deal so oh well