Cutting Cablemod sleeves to size

Go to solution Solved by SwingLifeAway92,

I think you're kind of stuck just buying the cablemod one and cutting it to size they usually just sell a length that'll fit the longer ones so no matter what itll fit 99% of them

I have a Fractal Design Celsius S24 liquid cooler and have been wanting to purchase the new cablemod sleeving kit for AIOs but couldn't find a specific kit for my unit.

Is there anything that prevents me from cutting the sleeve to size so it can fit my cooler? Maybe there's a reason they list the ones a specific kit works with.

Thanks in advance

I think you're kind of stuck just buying the cablemod one and cutting it to size they usually just sell a length that'll fit the longer ones so no matter what itll fit 99% of them

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

So theoretically, I just buy the NXZT (cause it has very long tubes) and cut it to size? It's worth a shot... only 20 bucks

I don't see why it wouldn't work unless the diameter of the tubes between each was absurdly different which I highly doubt all aios use pretty similar lengths and sizes of tubing

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

@WolfTech not certain they'd be compatible with the Celsius AIO's due to one of the tubes having a larger diameter. Do note that one tube has the PWM cable running through it - sure it isn't a huge difference, but that is something you may want to factor in. The Celsius tubing is also a thicker diameter than the Kraken AIO's if I remember correctly so you would likely want to check out the Corsair / Series 1 ModWrap kits if you were to try it. Be sure to burn the ends if you cut them though to avoid fraying.