PC Completely Freezing 5 mins after startup

eagerigor

My second pc build ever and I have no idea, title says all, after about 5 mins of continued use the pc will freeze. Not just the program I'm using or anything, but the whole thing, keyboard, mouse, screen everything. All my drivers are installed and up to date. For some reason this issue does not happen when I boot into safe mode (that's how I installed the drivers). I have tried: completely reinstalling windows, reinstalling display drivers, booting into safe mode (the issue does not occur in safe mode as I said). The issue seems to happen if my gpu is doing any more work than literally just my desktop. If I open chrome or try to do anything in task manager it will crash after about 5 mins.

My system specs:

- CPU - Ryzen 1600

- CPU Cooler - Corsair 100i v2 

- Mobo - Asus B350-Plus

- RAM - 16gb Team Vulcan

- Boot drive  - Samsung 250gb SSD (recycled from old pc)

- Storage drive - Seagate 2tb HDD (recycled from old pc)

- GPU - Gigabyte Windforce 970 (second hand from a friend)

- PSU - EVGA nex650g

OS - Windows 10 home edition (64)

I'm about 60% sure that it is my GPU that is the problem at this point, however I don't have any other gpus to test with. Any advice would be great.

Buy a super cheap used card on ebay to see if it’s the problem. If not, try uninstalling all drivers except cpu, gpu, network and anything not ABSOLUTELY essential. This includes Corsair’s h100i drivers as I know they can sometimes be an issue. As you do this also try increasing cpu clock voltage by just a tad. Hopefully that will help, but make sure it is not the gpu first.