What headphones should I buy for gaming and null-metal?

Greetings. 
I need your assistance. I recently bought a pair of HD 650 on the high side on ebay (around $268. I believe I over paid. I was excited.). I heard so many great reviews about them I didn't even think to research them more. When I got them I was a little let down as they don't sound super amazing to me. At least, not almost $300 amazing. To me they sound a bit boring. Researching it, I found a trend. Most people that say the 650's are amazing have $250++ on amp and dacs. Yikes.. these headphones suddenly became too expensive for me. I'm faced with a couple of options: 
A. Return the 650's and buy a cheaper headset that's easier to drive or a pair that's closer to a sound that I like. (Not a bad deal. The HD 650 are probably only going to get cheaper anyways. I could probably get them back If I changed my mind and for less than what I paid)

B. ??? 

I returned them. Time to buy a new pair of headphones. These headphones will be used for gaming (naturally) and music. I enjoy dirty, rowdy null metal. Listen to Cane Hill - Ugly model American to get what I mean.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4rpnaKul64 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8IIIvH13E (Yeah, not for everyone) I also listen to Tool, which sounded (pure sex) with 650's. However, the majority of the music I listen to is rowdy compressed metal. I really don't need that much detail. As good as they 650's may be, they felt soft and anemic when gaming and listening to music. I want something with more punch. Something warm and peppery. I'd imagine what works for the music I listen to would be good for gaming and vice versa. 

These are what I'm looking at: (will be used with a fiio E10k. Better than nothing) 
k7xx - More bass, good sound, very comfortable at an affordable price. I'm skeptical if they will be as punchy as I want. Still an option. 

Philips fidello x2 - Confused about these one. I hear some people say they're all right then some say they're God headphones. Anybody own them? 

Beyerdynamic DT770/80 - Consistently recommended for gaming in everything i read.  I heard people say the high treble can be a nuisance but everything else is 10/10.

My budget is $200 give or take $40. They don't have to be opened eared. Sound stage is still important tho. Feel free to recommend. 

FYI: The 650's are GREAT headphones. I do like them. IF I had a setup to just listen to music, with dacs and amps, I have no doubt they be heavenly. I spent $268 on pair of headphones that didn't fulfill my needs with my purpose of use. I truly believe I can get more bag for the buck buying a different pair of headphones than buying quality amps, hoping the 650's will become "punchy ". Which their not designed to be anyway. lol I'm only so rich guys. 

My suggestion would have been to keep the 650s and just get a good amp (and DAC if needed) for them.  That way you can enjoy what you have now, and if you ever upgrade the headphones further in the future, supposedly you already have a great foundation to drive them with.

But getting something else is definitely an option, especially if you don't have the budget for all that at once.  Although your comment about not needing detail for that music... I don't have much experience with this but my feeling would be that you'd really want more detailed headphones to avoid making it into a mush of noise.  Just a thought I had.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

You're correct. I do want good sound/detailed headphones. I was more stating my priorities, I would trade fine detailed for punch. Usually punchy and peppery sounding headphones can't also be clear and detailed. Name a headphone that does and I'd definitely look into it. A solid ratio of both is exactly what I want, to me, that would be the perfect headphones. 

Any of these headphones will require an Amp and DAC to perform at their full potential.

So? You can recommend any headphone. It doesn't have to be on the list. 

I haven't tried the 650 but from what I understand they're a step up from my 598se and I love my 598se.  I would just invest in a dac and call it a day.  I think if you shop around you can probably find a decent usb dac for $100.

Heck, I have my 598se plugged into an old Line6 Guitarport and I think it sounds amazing. 

1 hour ago, Slouch said:

So? You can recommend any headphone. It doesn't have to be on the list. 

I only really have experience with my Audio Technica ATH-MSR7s, and incidentally they are within your budget and imo don't need an amp of any kind (and if your onboard sound is good, which it generally is these days, you don't need a DAC either), but I'm not sure they're what you want.  They are detailed certainly, but I would never describe them as warm, and I don't think I would use "punchy" either.  If a bit of a bass boost is what you're after, there are other options that would do you better.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

I haven't tried the 650 but from what I understand they're a step up from my 598se and I love my 598se.  I would just invest in a dac and call it a day.  I think if you shop around you can probably find a decent usb dac for $100.

Heck, I have my 598se plugged into an old Line6 Guitarport and I think it sounds amazing. 

I see what you're saying. I returned the 650's before I posted this thread. So i'ma keep looking for a different pair of headphones. Amps are not magic. They can only do so much. I didn't like the 650 without amp, so I highly doubt I was going to warm up to them after spending another $150. It's difficult for me to spend money on "maybes". Rather get something I like out of the box, than put money towards it. 

I need recommendations for new headphones. Sorry, it just seems like everyone is telling me to just get/keep the 650's.  Which is not why I'm here. >.> Still much appreciated. I'ma keep looking.