Bleeding question, seal loop when hot vs cold.

So I've been wondering, I finished my loop yesterday and I had some bubbles come up today when I got home from work and started pc. 

After playing for a few hours I decided to open the cap to maybe top off the resevior, and my finger got slightly misted from a build up of pressure. 

So, I know I should leave some space to allow air to form at top of reservoir, is that only during the bleeding process or should I top it off completely at some point? 

Also, since water expands when heated. Should I seal the loop when it's warm or when it hasn't been on for a while, or does it not matter? 

18 minutes ago, MoonFrost said:

So I've been wondering, I finished my loop yesterday and I had some bubbles come up today when I got home from work and started pc. 

After playing for a few hours I decided to open the cap to maybe top off the resevior, and my finger got slightly misted from a build up of pressure. 

So, I know I should leave some space to allow air to form at top of reservoir, is that only during the bleeding process or should I top it off completely at some point? 

Also, since water expands when heated. Should I seal the loop when it's warm or when it hasn't been on for a while, or does it not matter? 

interesting point. to my understanding water doesnt expand and shrink with temperature as much as air does so topping it off would lead to less pressure build up i guess?? im really no expert and genuinly interested in this myself

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

It's perfectly normal for the 'visible' water level to go down over time.

There will be tiny air bubbles trapped throughout the loop that will slowly but surely make their way into the reservoir, causing what will look like a drop in the water level.

So feel free to top off the reservoir as you see fit.

As for water expanding due to temperature, at these quantities, the difference will be so minute as to be entirely negligible.

I wouldn't worry about it.

All I would recommend is simply to have the PC unpowered while filling the reservoir just in case of any accidental spill.

Enjoy the loop!

---

Depends on how you run the pump as well. I just run a breather on my main rig. I top it off while it’s running on both though off need be. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz