heating problems on laptop

aman the soni

guys I want to know why my ultrabook heats up so much. Like what is generating the heat. in task manager I find that the HDD is being utilized at a 100percent and about 50percent of RAM is being utilized in regular usage. where is the heat coming from if I am just putting mild usage on the CPU. What can I do to avoid overheating? clean the fan? get an SSD?

Which make and model ultrabook? Which CPU? Does it have a GPU? What are the actual temperatures? (use hwmonitor, aida64 or hwinfo64 to monitor temps).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

dell Inspiron 7560. core i5 7200u 8 gb ddr4 ram and Nvidia 940mx gpu. As for temperature the min. level on hwmonitor shows 45 C to a max. of 65 C on all the cores

Cleaning the fans is always important. Compressed air tins are cheap enough and keep the fans/heatsink clear.

According to the Dell webside it already has an SSD?

46 minutes ago, aman the soni said:

dell Inspiron 7560. core i5 7200u 8 gb ddr4 ram and Nvidia 940mx gpu. As for temperature the min. level on hwmonitor shows 45 C to a max. of 65 C on all the cores

Those temps are rather low for a laptop. No way to make it cooler as laptops built from metal simply conduct more heat.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, TomW0102 said:

Cleaning the fans is always important. Compressed air tins are cheap enough and keep the fans/heatsink clear.

According to the Dell webside it already has an SSD?

no it came with 1tb sata HDD although there us a configuration of 256gb SSD

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Those temps are rather low for a laptop. No way to make it cooler as laptops built from metal simply conduct more heat.

that is just on daily basis half hour use. when on weekends i crank up the usage it can get really hot close to being unbearable on the lap. the metal body might be the reason that the entire thing heats up in minutes.

3 minutes ago, aman the soni said:

that is just on daily basis half hour use. when on weekends i crank up the usage it can get really hot close to being unbearable on the lap. the metal body might be the reason that the entire thing heats up in minutes.

Yep, sounds about right. While it's referred to as a "LAP-top" I really wouldn't recommend actually using it in your lap for more than web browsing or typing.