New stick of ram not working in laptops

derole123

I am trying to upgrade the ram in my emachines E725 from 3gb to 4gb as the maximum supported is 4gb. I have the version of the laptop that takes DDR3 ram so I bought a 2gb stick of Kingston DDR3 ram to go with the other 2gb stick in the system. The new ram stick works fine on its own but as soon as I add either of the other two it no longer boots and I cant figure out why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Im not 100% sure but its prob not same speed, timing or voltage so it doesnt work with the other one.

Easiest fix is to get another one of the new sticks.

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Just now, Flavortown2k16 said:

Im not 100% sure but its prob not same speed, timing or voltage so it doesnt work with the other one.

Easiest fix is to get another one of the new sticks.

Well it was different speed to others but ive mixed a 1333 and a 1600 in a desktop before and its been fine

2 minutes ago, derole123 said:

Well it was different speed to others but ive mixed a 1333 and a 1600 in a desktop before and its been fine

It will cap it to the slower one, but there are more than clock speeds that should be same in dual channel.

And if they both work without the other in it, its most likely compatibility issue

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

It will cap it to the slower one, but there are more than clock speeds that should be same in dual channel.

And if they both work without the other in it, its most likely compatibility issue

Hmm maybe I just got lucky with the ram on the other PC. How do I find the timings and voltage as it only says the voltage on the new one