Looking For Wraith Spire RGB Cooler

Omikse

I know I keep opening new topic but I want to ask my question  in the right place. So this question is all about the AMD Wraith Spire RGB Cooler. I am trying to find one. I was going to get a Ryzen 7 1700 CPU but I have been told that I could get the Ryzen 5 1600 and that it would be better. The only thing is that it does not come with the RGB version of the Wraith Spire. I have tried to find one on EBay, Newegg, and Amazon through Google but they are either sold out or didn't have it in the first place. And as far as I can tell, They are not sold individually. So does anyone know where I can buy one or if you have one you are willing to sell (through PayPal) me one if you are willing to part with it? I would rather it be new or close to new as possible. Any info or takes let me know.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

I have one, but the postage fees alone would stop that being a viable alternative from the UK. Why not just buy a coolermaster masterliquid lite 240mm AIO instead for about $50-60 or so?  much better cooling. and am suer if you want RGB, that it would be better to just get an LED strip.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

26 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I have one, but the postage fees alone would stop that being a viable alternative from the UK. Why not just buy a coolermaster masterliquid lite 240mm AIO instead for about $50-60 or so?  much better cooling. and am suer if you want RGB, that it would be better to just get an LED strip.

A few experts have told me that the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 7 (which is what I was thinking of getting but decided to go to the Ryzen 5, mostly because of pricing and other says it is about the same and would be wasting the other 2 cores) is better than most AIO's plus I need to keep the price down anyway.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

They are good (for a stock cooler) but not that good as large air or AIO. 

these things are expensiv, folks try to sell them for $40 ...

At this moment I would rather spend 40 for a good cooler than 100 or more for a great AIO cooler. 

9 hours ago, Omikse said:

A few experts have told me that the stock cooler that comes with the Ryzen 7 (which is what I was thinking of getting but decided to go to the Ryzen 5, mostly because of pricing and other says it is about the same and would be wasting the other 2 cores) is better than most AIO's plus I need to keep the price down anyway.

Well, coming from my own experiences, whoever told you that the wraith is the same as an AIO, all I have to say is what f'ing AIO were they running? LOL

I had the wraith on my 1700, and while it was fairly capable, you are gonna be hitting the thermal ceiling at around 3.7Ghz or so... my 1700 would get VERY toasty at 3.75, hitting around 75-84+ during stress tests, I now have a coolermaster Masterliquid 240mm lite, and now doesn't go above 50C during stress tests even at 4.0Ghz - the cooler cost me £43

Just for reference, the ambient temp during my tests was ~20C, and on idle hitting approx 24-28, mostly at the lower end of that range though.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini