Ryzen 5 1600 or i5 8400?

Im currently going to build a pc. im considering ryzen 5 1600 and i5 8400

im not doing heavy gaming, i do video editing (premiere pro) and perhaps light gaming.

which one is the best ? considering i have to get the more expensive mobo for i5.

If you buy Ryzen, overclock. If you feel it's unsafe, buy Intel. I personally an Intel fan but I have bought AMD products in the past and they function very well. 

The geek himself.

depend on the budget.. if ur on a low budget or feel like not wasting extra money.. go for ryzen.(as the ryzen compatable motherboards are cheap),if u already have a intel 8 th gen compatable motherboard then intel i5 8400 would be ideal..

additional info-DO NOT BELIEVE IN AMD HATERS,And do not believe in people who say AMD CPU WILL FRY,HEAT UP etc....

ryzen has the new and optimized amd  ZEN microarchitecture enabling ryzen to operate at really low tdp's and equivalent performance at a low cost from the intel competitors..... if u r to compare both side by side u will only see a slight difference,indeed RYZEN  will crush intel ON multi threaded apps... but Intel would have a slightly more stronger performance per core...

by slight  i mean very subtle.ie-THEY ARE EQUIVALENT PROCESORS,and both will perform similarly while gaming..

for slight gaming and video editing scenarios i would recommend the AMD RYZEN...

If gaming isn't your priority I'd go for the Ryzen. That said, it might be worth looking into which features you use in Premier are optimised for a high thread count, as even in content creation there are instances where per-thread performance beats having more threads.