Halp!!! (Accidentally formatted hdd)

So I have all my games stored on my hard drive since it’s a 8tb so I can have every single game downloaded at once.

I have another pc that needs windows so I took the hdd out of it and put it in my quick swap thingy in my main rig. 

I put windows media creation tool on the hard drive and launched it then it was doing its thing and it asks me which flash drive I pick external hard drive and I didn’t realize I need to format this. So to sum this up I formatted it by accident even though I pressed cancel and I lost all my game files. 

How do unformat and get my data back?

they have some places were you can send the drive back and they can recover the data

you could drop off there HDD at a shop and they ( should ) be able to fix it and get most off the data back, just don't put anything over it or you may lose part or all some data. 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

also I would change the title of this, it looks weird in someones browser history and some people may think your post is a joke because of it :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

8 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

they have some places were you can send the drive back and they can recover the data

you could drop off there HDD at a shop and they ( should ) be able to fix it and get most off the data back, just don't put anything over it or you may lose part or all some data. 

Okay, the most I could have lost is 32gb and I have a hard drive recover on it and that’s it but it told me to put the program on that hard drive 

7 minutes ago, AtomicWaveBlast said:

Okay, the most I could have lost is 32gb and I have a hard drive recover on it and that’s it but it told me to put the program on that hard drive 

maybe it means drivers my seagate 2tb external has some drivers on it or something and maybe it wants you to redownlaod them on to it ?

1. Do not write anymore to the drive or you will lose data.

2. Check out solutions like https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm.

3. Be patient. The data is still there with a quick format. With a deep format, the data is still there but is harder to lift. If it was truly important data, rushing through this process is the fastest way to lose it.

5 hours ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

1. Do not write anymore to the drive or you will lose data.

2. Check out solutions like https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm.

3. Be patient. The data is still there with a quick format. With a deep format, the data is still there but is harder to lift. If it was truly important data, rushing through this process is the fastest way to lose it.

I cant spend money on a program... I have $2.80 and thats it

3 hours ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/software/rescue.exe

That's freeware so if it doesn't work, it was free. Keep that in mind.

If the drive was NTFS formatted..

http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/software/handyrecovery.exe

I just reformatted to GPT and just donwloaded most of everything back