Can Someone Please Help Me Figure Out What I Need?

winterfate101

Hello. I need to know what kind of computer, speakers, and speaker system(with that bass-adding subwoofer thing?) would, at the lowest possible price, effortlessly suit my wants. I'm hoping to be able to give you guys a list of the things I want to be able to do on my pc and have you tell me what I should get. My apologies if this is inappropriate. I'm a semi-sheltered 18-year-old and as such, my social skills are a little on the unrefined side.

Also, quick aside- my mouse is a Logitech G300s. Good, or no?

So without further ado, I would like to be able to effortlessly(using only 55% or less GPU and CPU in Task Manager) and without ANY freezing or glitching:

• Browse Firefox, clicking links and new tabs and opening separate windows and watching videos on a VERY frequent basis
  • Interact with and watch and listen to my, like, 2000 gigabytes(gigabites?) of music, videos, and movies in Pot Player, moving in and out of tabs on a regular basis, leaving a few open constantly
  • Being able to have Bluestacks open while doing any of the above things
  • Hardcore gaming... I guess? I play Diablo 3, so...?
  • Render Minecraft(hey, look, it's therapeutic and FUN!) at the highest possible settings, being able to handle in tandem VERY detailed texture packs, mods, and the highest quality shaders
  • Handle Skyrim while having shaders, 500 skeletons following me around in every room(I enjoy experimenting with the in-game mechanics using the console commands. You should try it! Get a mod to remove summon number cap. :)) and handling many mods
  • Use Photoshop... now see, I dunno about this one... I've got some files of ALL the Hobbit and LOTR movies uncut, and I wanted to do something cool like cut and edit them in Photoshop to make it like one GIANT continuous film, with subtitles and everything, but I tried doing that on my current computer and it's like... a literal 18 hours of footage with credits and stuff cut out. I had to abort the project. IS there anything that can do what I'm wanting, like that?
  • There a few neat simulation games I want to try, but my computer is just WAY too weak to handle them. I was also thinking about getting one the civilizations games... They REALLY cool. Really time-consuming though. Wondering if I'd have the time OR patience for something like that.
  • being quiet is a bonus. my current computer buzzes like a robot bee.
  • Sturdy? I honestly would just take comfort in having something I'd know I wouldn't be able to easily f-up.

Well, I mean, I feel like anything that can do the stuff above could handle just about anything else I could think of... OOH! I'd also like to be able to watch 4k(is it true there's like a... 8K now? Also, wtf is 1440p?) videos and video files, and I'd like to be able to listen to music in it's most HD form possible.

Don't worry if even the cheapest equipment that can handle this stuff isn't CHEAP, I just want to know what I need and what I'm dealing with here.

God bless, and thank you ahead of time for consideration and cunning advice! :D

P.S. ... you get imaginary bonus points and a virtual hug from me if you're willing to explain the technical stuff about WHY the stuff you recommend to me can do what it does, why it does it, and who made it do that.

Honestly any modern PC with a decent GPU and SSD can handle that stuff.

PC parts are going above market value, so I would wait a bit. Just look for the new Ryzen CPUs to be released and get a decent GPU (1050TI will work) and an SSD with a large hard drive for your music.

Hi

3 minutes ago, winterfate101 said:

Hello. I need to know what kind of computer, speakers, and speaker system(with that bass-adding subwoofer thing?) would, at the lowest possible price, effortlessly suit my wants. I'm hoping to be able to give you guys a list of the things I want to be able to do on my pc and have you tell me what I should get. My apologies if this is inappropriate. I'm a semi-sheltered 18-year-old and as such, my social skills are a little on the unrefined side.

Also, quick aside- my mouse is a Logitech G300s. Good, or no?

So without further ado, I would like to be able to effortlessly(using only 55% or less GPU and CPU in Task Manager) and without ANY freezing or glitching:

• Browse Firefox, clicking links and new tabs and opening separate windows and watching videos on a VERY frequent basis
  • Interact with and watch and listen to my, like, 2000 gigabytes(gigabites?) of music, videos, and movies in Pot Player, moving in and out of tabs on a regular basis, leaving a few open constantly
  • Being able to have Bluestacks open while doing any of the above things
  • Hardcore gaming... I guess? I play Diablo 3, so...?
  • Render Minecraft(hey, look, it's therapeutic and FUN!) at the highest possible settings, being able to handle in tandem VERY detailed texture packs, mods, and the highest quality shaders
  • Handle Skyrim while having shaders, 500 skeletons following me around in every room(I enjoy experimenting with the in-game mechanics using the console commands. You should try it! Get a mod to remove summon number cap. :)) and handling many mods
  • Use Photoshop... now see, I dunno about this one... I've got some files of ALL the Hobbit and LOTR movies uncut, and I wanted to do something cool like cut and edit them in Photoshop to make it like one GIANT continuous film, with subtitles and everything, but I tried doing that on my current computer and it's like... a literal 18 hours of footage with credits and stuff cut out. I had to abort the project. IS there anything that can do what I'm wanting, like that?
  • There a few neat simulation games I want to try, but my computer is just WAY too weak to handle them. I was also thinking about getting one the civilizations games... They REALLY cool. Really time-consuming though. Wondering if I'd have the time OR patience for something like that.
  • being quiet is a bonus. my current computer buzzes like a robot bee.
  • Sturdy? I honestly would just take comfort in having something I'd know I wouldn't be able to easily f-up.

Well, I mean, I feel like anything that can do the stuff above could handle just about anything else I could think of... OOH! I'd also like to be able to watch 4k(is it true there's like a... 8K now? Also, wtf is 1440p?) videos and video files, and I'd like to be able to listen to music in it's most HD form possible.

Don't worry if even the cheapest equipment that can handle this stuff isn't CHEAP, I just want to know what I need and what I'm dealing with here.

God bless, and thank you ahead of time for consideration and cunning advice! :D

P.S. ... you get imaginary bonus points and a virtual hug from me if you're willing to explain the technical stuff about WHY the stuff you recommend to me can do what it does, why it does it, and who made it do that.

I'm not going to answer your question sorry, but I just thought I'd say I appreciate the amount of detail you added to your use case list I'm sure someone will give you a great suggestion. If that's all you plan to do with your PC then you're in luck you don't need an all that powerful pc. Unless you're planning on doing more with it consider some of the lower priced systems people suggest as you don't need to spend too much unless you want to. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Why only 55%? It won't lag above there anyway and won't break faster.

budget?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 minutes ago, JDE said:

Why only 55%? It won't lag above there anyway and won't break faster.

budget?

Just because I feel paranoid about the motherboard and crap burning out. My Dad is an Old Tech, and he's told me horror stories.  my Dad's budget is $400 MAX, but that's being REALLY generous. But I don't want anyone to worry about budget, I'm just wondering about the specs need to be and what not.

1 minute ago, winterfate101 said:

Just because I feel paranoid about the motherboard and crap burning out. My Dad is an Old Tech, and he's told me horror stories.  my Dad's budget is $400 MAX, but that's being REALLY generous. But I don't want anyone to worry about budget, I'm just wondering about the specs need to be and what not.

That pretty never happens any more. Unless you run it at 100% with low-zero airflow reaching the cooler, it doesn't do that anymore. Most stock coolers would be fine as long as there's ok airflow for a while at 90-100%.

Is used parts ok? Everything is overpriced right now and you probably can't get that for that price new.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, winterfate101 said:

@JDE Your profile pic and profile, in general, are delightful! xD

That's pretty much me :P

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 minute ago, JDE said:

That pretty never happens any more. Unless you run it at 100% with low-zero airflow reaching the cooler, it doesn't do that anymore. Most stock coolers would be fine as long as there's ok airflow for a while at 90-100%.

Is used parts ok? Everything is overpriced right now and you probably can't get that for that price new.

Yeah! Used parts istOTLLY good, as long it's not taken any -internal- damage! dings and scratches in the exterior case and whatnot are fine

Just now, winterfate101 said:

I'm copying and pasting this in what I'm guessing are appropriate subtopics or whatever.

You should only post once. If it needs to be moved to the appropriate subreddit, it'll be moved by a mod.

ffs, i had just made a really nice reply answering a lot of your questions but I was on one of the double posts so when I clicked submit, everything disappeared.