ssd issue

biscuit13

so I bought an SSD yesterday and it was a 240gb SanDisk SSD and it was 80$. when I got home and put it on my desktop and tried to clone my os to it from a hard drive with only held my windows a few other applications about 120gb. my SSD wouldn't work and it was rea and write speeds were completely horrible. I'm talking about 50mb read and write. my HDDs do more than double that speed and on the package, it said 530mbs of reading and writing. my desktop isn't bad either I built it 2 years ago and I game on it daily. also, the SSD would never boot. the hard drive would but the SSD wouldn't. I'm just wondering if i got very unlucky or this is a common thing

2 minutes ago, biscuit13 said:

tried to clone my os to it from a hard drive

because cloning works SO WELL, right cloning fans?

wipe it clean and reinstall.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Hmmm thats weird. If you were copying files over, I would blame it on small files. But your cloning which just reads the hdd and writes all at once. Did you try to benchmark it?

tried that and it crashed again...and again..and again until i took out the ssd then it worked just fine

i did kinda benchmark before i moved the os onto it i moved a game about 10 gb onto it to make sure it was working and wow was it slow at it then booting the game was like 4 minutes long and it was just rocket league

also how did you get your system specs on there because i can tell you the specs of my pc

Just to clarify, you are seeing the low speeds during normal use, or during the cloning process?  Cloning can go really slow, depending on the software.

1 minute ago, biscuit13 said:

i moved a game about 10 gb onto it to make sure it was working and wow was it slow

Thats normal. Small files slow you down.

i tried that also yesterday i was working on it for like 5 hours trying to get it to work and watched like 50 videos about it on youtube and it was during just using it to launch rocket league was very slow

if i move it from one hard drive to the other its alteast 100mb

i returned it just i was wondering though if i just got unlucky or what?