Mixing Stuff

If I use EKWB's clear cryofuel concentrate with a kill coil, what will happen?

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

3 minutes ago, Douglas The Duck said:

If I mix EKWB's clear cryofuel concentrate with Primochill's True White concentrate, what will happen?

Exactly what, is hard to say. But All i can say is that I would heavily advise you not to do so. It will most likely result in a pH off balance and negate the effects of the coolant (biocidal/anticorrosive) in the case of the white concentrate, it may precipitate too.

Primochill True white is already "complete" as a coolant, I would recommend you not to mix it with any other coolant, especially if its from another company. Perhaps primochill can recommend you to mix with their own clear coolant if it is made of the same stuff.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Exactly what, is hard to say. But All i can say is that I would heavily advise you not to do so. It will most likely result in a pH off balance and negate the effects of the coolant (biocidal/anticorrosive) in the case of the white concentrate, it may precipitate too.

Primochill True white is already "complete" as a coolant, I would recommend you not to mix it with any other coolant, especially if its from another company. Perhaps primochill can recommend you to mix with their own clear coolant if it is made of the same stuff.

I just looked at reviews for primochill True, it's not that good. So I updated the topic a bit. But still, thank you. 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

11 minutes ago, Douglas The Duck said:

If I use EKWB's clear cryofuel concentrate with a kill coil, what will happen?

Again, why would you want to? It's not needed, and also potentially deterimental. CryoFuel has effective biocides in them already. Introducing additional ions just allows for more chemical reactions that are in this case, simply unneeded and probably harmful.

Just now, For Science! said:

Again, why would you want to? It's not needed, and also potentially deterimental. CryoFuel has effective biocides in them already. Introducing additional ions just allows for more chemical reactions that are in this case, simply unneeded and probably harmful.

Again, thank you for your help. You are very right about the kill coil, after all silver is the most conductive metal. So in that case ill steer clear of dye and kill coils. Thank you, have a good day.

Why would you want to? EK's Cryofuel doesn't need additives or a kill coil. In fact, I believe the product instructions specifically say not to add anything as it's already mixed. This is the same for most purpose made coolant. Kill coils and additives are normally for use with distilled water. 

2 minutes ago, Douglas The Duck said:

Again, thank you for your help. You are very right about the kill coil, after all silver is the most conductive metal. So in that case ill steer clear of dye and kill coils. Thank you, have a good day.

You can normally add dyes, just don't add a kill coil or anti-algae additives as the coolant is mixed to not need them. 

1 minute ago, Douglas The Duck said:

You too =). In my opinion silver kill coils are outdated and have no real place in modern loops. EK-CryoFuel is my recommended "additive" to distilled water since all it is a solution of biocidals and anti-corrosives.