Single GTX 1060 mining

Go to solution Solved by Imbellis,
20 hours ago, YeuJin said:

96cents for 24 hours or 12 hours?

24 hours a day.

You'd, of course, have to translate that to your local currency and electrical cost.

The lowest cost of kW/h I've seen is .07 - the highest is .29 for Hawaii.

i5 4460 @800mhz (almost half the power consumption)

8GB D3

VS 550 PSU

GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X "Samsung"

+100 core

+750 mem

60-70% power

66°c temp limit

Power consumption below 90w (currently 89w)

Using NiceHash

nist5 - 23~ mh/s

neoscrypt - 600h/

From Malaysia.

Is it worth mining on single GPU?  I don't know how to calculate my estimated bills, I mine about 16 hours everyday and just started 1 day ago. I just don't want to pay too much for bills.

Intel i7 8700 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz | Node 202 | Cryorig C7 Cu | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB OC'ed | WD Black M.2 PCIE NVMe 500GB/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB | Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI | Corsair SF600

It's more or less worth it if you can't afford anything more than a single GPU. I personally wouldn't overclock if mining since it only adds to power consumption.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

9 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It's more or less worth it if you can't afford anything more than a single GPU. I personally wouldn't overclock if mining since it only adds to power consumption.

Right now, 89w with current settings, stock is 103w. I can go slightly lower below 86w with 22mh/s instead of 23-24 mh/s

Intel i7 8700 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz | Node 202 | Cryorig C7 Cu | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB OC'ed | WD Black M.2 PCIE NVMe 500GB/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB | Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI | Corsair SF600

I'd guess that the GPU could mine between 2 and 3 dollars a day. For electricity (@ .12 USD/kwh) , I'd guess around/ less than 1 USD (96 cents) for the total system.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

What is your rate? Here in Canada (in my province) it's VERY cheap, on average under $0.08 CAD/kwh, so that's only around $0.20 CAD per day, more than worth it IMO! (I'm only calculating the GPU electricity consumption, that would be around $0.50CAD per day for the whole computer).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

What is your rate? Here in Canada (in my province) it's VERY cheap, on average under $0.08 CAD/kwh, so that's only around $0.20 CAD per day, more than worth it IMO! (I'm only calculating the GPU electricity consumption, that would be around $0.50CAD per day for the whole computer).

I don't know how to check my rate, but I'm guessing 0.58MYR/kwh and my estimation for whole system including CPU etc is about 190w total.

16 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

I'd guess that the GPU could mine between 2 and 3 dollars a day. For electricity (@ .12 USD/kwh) , I'd guess around/ less than 1 USD (96 cents) for the total system.

0.58myr, that's pretty precise for a guess :P

If you want to estimate you electrical cost, you can use this calculator https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/electricity-calculator.html

Or use the estimation of the nicehash calculator https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

7 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

0.58myr, that's pretty precise for a guess :P

If you want to estimate you electrical cost, you can use this calculator https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/electricity-calculator.html

Or use the estimation of the nicehash calculator https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

Thanks for the electricity cost, now I'm just trying to undervolt my card but I don't know how....

20 hours ago, YeuJin said:

24 hours a day.

You'd, of course, have to translate that to your local currency and electrical cost.

The lowest cost of kW/h I've seen is .07 - the highest is .29 for Hawaii.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

On 23/01/2018 at 6:44 AM, YeuJin said:

Thanks for the electricity cost, now I'm just trying to undervolt my card but I don't know how....

You would need some time and an overclocking utility, like MSI Afterburner, this guy has a guide for a 1060 6GB, so the clocks won't be right, but it should be the same overall process ;