Windows Update not working

I got this used laptop the other day when I bought it it worked fine. When I got home I reset it and for the last few days the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 has gotten stuck in various stages(Download stuck at 0%, Install Stuck at 99%), and after I leave it alone a while another update (Windows Defender Update) will show up, it also disappears randomly, and it says that It didnt work because there is another update in progress (Windows Cumulative Update) and says to restart, but when I try to restart it says "Getting Windows Ready, Do not Turn off computer" for a long time (ive just been leaving it overnight to restart), and when I wake up there is no change to the windows update problem.  Please let me know if there is any more info needed.

Thanks,

Narwhal

Update1.PNG

14 minutes ago, IINarwhal said:

I got this used laptop the other day when I bought it it worked fine. When I got home I reset it and for the last few days the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 has gotten stuck in various stages(Download stuck at 0%, Install Stuck at 99%), and after I leave it alone a while another update (Windows Defender Update) will show up, it also disappears randomly, and it says that It didnt work because there is another update in progress (Windows Cumulative Update) and says to restart, but when I try to restart it says "Getting Windows Ready, Do not Turn off computer" for a long time (ive just been leaving it overnight to restart), and when I wake up there is no change to the windows update problem.  Please let me know if there is any more info needed.

Thanks,

Narwhal

Update1.PNG

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb4054517

Manually update and install yourself.

Double check that windows is properly activated, otherwise nothing will help besides purchasing a legit copy of W10.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Um... It is a legit copy of windows 10 and it is activated( i guess)

activated.PNG