Right angle Molex

BrokenProgram

In the process of building my system I noticed that I was clearance Issues with my Molex Connector at the bottom of my MOBO I was wondering if there are any right angle connectors that would allow me to power that molex port.

What motherboard do you have that requires Molex as power? 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

it isn't the primary source of power

MOBO:Asrock X99M Fatal1ty Killer

Could you maybe post a picture of your mobo connector, and give us the brand and model? I have never used a molex power cable for a motherboard connection, nor would i ever trust molex power for any major component 

2 minutes ago, BrokenProgram said:

In the process of building my system I noticed that I was clearance Issues with my Molex Connector at the bottom of my MOBO I was wondering if there are any right angle connectors that would allow me to power that molex port.

Very few motherboards have molex connectors. The only ones I can recall (older ASRock motherboards) had a molex to the left rear of the cpu area.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, Dylard said:

Could you maybe post a picture of your mobo connector, and give us the brand and model? I have never used a molex power cable for a motherboard connection, nor would i ever trust molex power for any major component 

sorry you replied as i was posting my comment =)  i will look into it

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I'm having random frame drops when I'm playing games So I thought that that adding the supplementary PCI power might help

Just now, BrokenProgram said:

I'm having random frame drops when I'm playing games So I thought that that adding the supplementary PCI power might help

Are you referring to the 8-pin power connector to the right middle of the cpu area at the edge of the board?

Just now, brob said:

Are you referring to the 8-pin power connector to the right middle of the cpu area at the edge of the board?

I'm referring to the molex connector at the bottom of the board bellow the PCI connections

ok broken program, the manual has it listed as pcie power, which is really odd as any normal desktop gpu will have its on pcie 4,6,or 8 pin connections, I am assuming this must be for super discreet low end gpus that pull power from the pcie connection itself, and some of those cannot reach full power without one of these ports, so if your profile is correct your gtx 1060 should get plenty of power from its 8 pin connection =)

The PCIe power cable should give more than enough power required for a 1060, even if you've got it heavily OC'd.

The source of your frame rate drops definitely isn't from the lack of a molex giving additional power.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Could it be a faulty GPU as even on stock clocks I have this problem across a few games which Include GTA V and Watch Dogs 1&2

2 minutes ago, BrokenProgram said:

I'm referring to the molex connector at the bottom of the board bellow the PCI connections

Ah, the picture of the motherboard is not clear. I would refer that location as the far left of the motherboard, (it would be the bottom rear if the board is mounted vertically).

The user manual says "Please connect a 4 pin molex power cable to this connector when more than three graphics cards are installed." Presumably a single card system has no need for the added power. 

I would not think that frame drops would be caused by insufficient power.

Benchmark a few other games and compare them with online benchmarks, please make sure your graphics drivers are updated before running any tests, if you feel very confident that your card is under performing after atleast 5 tests, I would consider opening up a RMA request with Asus, I had a similar problem with a gtx 1080 from evga, received a new card and I saw a 15 fps increase across the board and less severe fps dips, please do not just RMA a untested card  

1 minute ago, Dylard said:

Benchmark a few other games and compare them with online benchmarks, please make sure your graphics drivers are updated before running any tests, if you feel very confident that your card is under performing after atleast 5 tests, I would consider opening up a RMA request with Asus, I had a similar problem with a gtx 1080 from evga, received a new card and I saw a 15 fps increase across the board and less severe fps dips, please do not just RMA a untested card  

Ok I will go about doing that