PC resets while watching videos

Arixl
Go to solution Solved by Xander Cousins,

@Arixl Stupid question have you tried removing the GPU and re seating it?

My friends PC will reset it self if he watches any videos (tired different web browsers too) he doesn't get a blue screen or anything if he looks into, he got one error message that said this

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffff960d8dded010 Parameter 2: fffff80a38a8b8e4 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 238c OS version: 10_0_16299 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 3081

we've looked at heats and their all pretty low around 65C

usually if a PC just shuts off with no warning or BSOD, its usually a problem with the power supply. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

usually if a PC just shuts off with no warning or BSOD, its usually a problem with the power supply. 

Does that explain why it ONLY shuts down while watching videos and nothing else, he can play games and do anything else but the if he watches videos it just shuts down, seems like a software issue but i'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, TheKalmTraveler said:

Update your Graphics Card Driver from the manufacturer website.

Seems like your GPU is the problem here.

If the problem still exists with the updated Driver please do a GPU stress-test.

Graphics Driver and Audio driver have been uninstalled, reinstalled and updated.
Windows has been reset did a GPU stress test with no issues.

Shutting down or Restarting? Shutting Down give the implication it is a PSU problem, Restarting and showing an error code presumes their is a fault with the OS if it is happening across all browsers and websites.

Couple of suggestions would be firstly try putting in a different PSU (If available) and try it with that. This will help determine if it is a Software problem or if you have to faulty PSU's xD

Check if all your drivers are up-to-date, Check if flash player is up-to-date, Reinstall browsers etc. Just check all your Drivers.

Try reseating the computer parts(If you have experience)

If it occurs and we assume it is a Software problem you can try rolling back your windows 10 (I Assume) to a previous version of the system.

* THIS WILL REMOVE ANY INSTALLED APPLICATIONS DONE AFTER THAT DATE* 

If it still doesn't work then try reinstalling windows. 

Hope this helps!!!

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Shutting down or Restarting? Shutting Down give the implication it is a PSU problem, Restarting and showing an error code presumes their is a fault with the OS if it is happening across all browsers and websites.

Couple of suggestions would be firstly try putting in a different PSU (If available) and try it with that. This will help determine if it is a Software problem or if you have to faulty PSU's xD

Check if all your drivers are up-to-date, Check if flash player is up-to-date, Reinstall browsers etc. Just check all your Drivers.

Try reseating the computer parts(If you have experience)

If it occurs and we assume it is a Software problem you can try rolling back your windows 10 (I Assume) to a previous version of the system.

* THIS WILL REMOVE ANY INSTALLED APPLICATIONS DONE AFTER THAT DATE* 

If it still doesn't work then try reinstalling windows. 

Hope this helps!!!

it does a complete  restart, powers back on by itself, he dosn't have a spare PSU laying around tried going through device manager and clicking and anything that can be updated and tried updating any drivers (including flash players) and a soft re-instalment of windows 10

stress test.jpg

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

3 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

we'll try doing it now.

21 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Okay he has re seated the GPU he's running videos now the crash can be pretty random it can be 5 mins or 40 mins of watching videos before it crashes.

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

He ran it for about an hour with youtube videos and it seems to of fixed it? Thanks for your help!

15 hours ago, Arixl said:

He ran it for about an hour with youtube videos and it seems to of fixed it? Thanks for your help!

No Problem, you would be surprised what simple things can do to fix a problem.