gpu disappears when mining???

I converted my old pc into a mining rig. I managed to hook up 9 gpu's to it. I have 4x GTX 1070 (same manufacturer)  and 5x RX 580(different manufacturer.) For the RX 580 I have msi, gigabyte, and powercolor. On the first run all the cards are working with bios mods + overclocks, but for some reason after the system crashes the only gpu that actually shows up is the gigabyte rx 580 cards and gtx 1070. I'm assuming because they are the same manufacturer. The other cards showed up at first, but after the system crashed the msi and powercolor card don't show up. They don't even appear as "other" in device manager. I had to reinstall the driver (v 17.3)  last time this happened then the cards showed up again. Is this a known issue or do I need to do more troubleshooting on my rig?

Have u re-flashed the bios?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Have u re-flashed the bios?

Yes, each time I do it the cards show up and work fine. After a day or two the system crashes. When I reboot the cards don't show up. Sometimes even the gigabyte cards don't show up then I reboot and they reappear in device manager. Is this a driver issue? I could re-install the driver and it will fix the cards, but in a day or two I'll be right where I started again. 

edit: Yes, each time I do it the cards show up and work fine* <--- I don't flash the cards each time because they are already running with the mod bios, but I reinstall the amd driver.

1 minute ago, Pachuca said:

Yes, each time I do it the cards show up and work fine. After a day or two the system crashes. When I reboot the cards don't show up. Sometimes even the gigabyte cards don't show up then I reboot and they reappear in device manager. Is this a driver issue? I could re-install the driver and it will fix the cards, but in a day or two I'll be right where I started again. 

Thats strange u sure u have re-flashed it to the STOCK bios?

or they could be not seated on the PCIE slot properly

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Thats strange u sure u have re-flashed it to the STOCK bios?

or they could be not seated on the PCIE slot properly

I didn't set it back to the stock bios. I thought the mod was working fine since everything was running earlier. 

they do get lose on the pcie slot sometimes, but I check that first before doing anything with the software.

Just now, Pachuca said:

I didn't set it back to the stock bios. I thought the mod was working fine since everything was running earlier. 

they do get lose on the pcie slot sometimes, but I check that first before doing anything with the software.

Yes thats the problem not all video card are created equally some might runs stable for a long time while some didnt.

So before modding all bios of your gpu try mod one of them and test it to mine overnight if in the morning its still stable then u are succeed.

Continue doing it with the 2nd gpu and so on.

What software are u using? nicehash?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

another weird thing I noticed is the hash numbers don't make sense. When I have all 9 gpu's running I get 270mhs on eth mining and when the gpu's disappear I'm getting 217mhs. That makes a difference of 51 mhs, but that's only equivalent to two of the missing gpu's 28x2 = 56 well over the 51 difference. This just adds to the mystery. I can't make sense of it.

3 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yes thats the problem not all video card are created equally some might runs stable for a long time while some didnt.

So before modding all bios of your gpu try mod one of them and test it to mine overnight if in the morning its still stable then u are succeed.

Continue doing it with the 2nd gpu and so on.

What software are u using? nicehash?

using claymore dual miner.

edit: I'll give it a try tomorrow. Too much work for me tonight. I'll set the bios back to stock then test the cards, but why would the problem be fixed when I reinstall the driver. Is there another version I could try besides 17.3? 

3 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

another weird thing I noticed is the hash numbers don't make sense. When I have all 9 gpu's running I get 270mhs on eth mining and when the gpu's disappear I'm getting 217mhs. That makes a difference of 51 mhs, but that's only equivalent to two of the missing gpu's 28x2 = 56 well over the 51 difference. This just adds to the mystery. I can't make sense of it.

So it did to me.

Just reflash all of your gpu especially the one that keep disappearing with stock BIOS see if the problem persist.

3 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

using claymore dual miner.

To check the stability try to mine it for 1 night.

If u saw a lot of work calls being denied  Or if they just stopped working like freezing then just find another BIOS mod or use stock BIOS.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]