Spectre and Meltdown BIOS Microcode update

Hi guys is there any knowledgeable people on this forum that would be able to help me or direct me in the right direction to manually updating the micro code in my BIOS for an MSI Z97 MPower Motherboard for a 4790K Processor? I've checked MSI's website and the last BIOS they released for this board was in 2016 :( Any and all help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance :)

Meltdown and Spectre.png

It is what it is but maybe we can make it better.

If I'm not mistaken the patches are pushed through on an OS level, and for Windows I believe they were a part of the last Patch Tuesday.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Spectre needs a BIOS update as it's a hardware level issue :(

Is there an update for it?

I don't believe manufacturers are supporting any hardware older then 18 months so most people wont even get the microcode update. Most people are not even aware that without the "microcode" update you're not actually protected against it.

From what I know, someone can correct me

Meltdown and Specter have been  created by a design flaw in the CPU of all chips manufacturers.

Meltdown is being corrected ( maybe ) by a software patch. You need to update Windows, your browser and all programs you use. 

From what I understand Specter as no patch to date for it. You need a virus infection even before you can be attack. Much more difficult  

Microsoft recommend that you update all equipment drivers and such. 

Spectre cannot be fixed with a patch, please read my earlier replies and watch the video I linked to fully understand this issue.

11 minutes ago, Zmax said:

From  what I understand Specter as no patch to date for it. You need a virus infection even before you can be attack. Much more difficult  

Microsoft recommend that you update all equipment drivers and such. 

Sorry should have said not fixes that I know of 

For planning purposes, I would like to see a full spectrum of statics for the impact of fixes.  If you are making a system that will perform for the majority of its operations an operation that has 30 to 50 performance hits with these fixes, you will want to be able to plan accordingly.  Plus, by highlighting and keeping the focus on the key compromises, it will push the CPU and OS developers to design more secure systems that do not compromise performance.   Right now, the industry is telling us we are only going to be seeing a small depreciation unless you are one of those special us case individuals.  When I purchase a product, I want to be able to make the best choice on features.  That includes depreciated features. 

Agreed but that doesn't really solve the current issue for those of us with older hardware.