Weird BSOD under heavy load

evgenipelmeni

Whenever i start up games the screen turns some random color (mostly grey, if that's important) and turns unresponsive. Weird thing is i can still talk to my friends via TeamSpeak. This actually is a reoccurring problem and most of the times i could fix it by just taking the GPU out and back in again. But now nothing seems to work. This is my first PC as i'm quite young and i'm still beginner Level so i might have done some mistakes which i'm not aware of. My Pc is around 3 years of age and the RAM is completely new. Last time this happened i opened up the GPU and the thermal paste was not only rock solid but also smeared next to the chip(I hope you know what I mean) so i cleaned that up and it worked again. And on the backplate of the GPU was a half an inch wide spot of grease(probably). I attached some dump-files. Also the last crash I had was when i started the "heaven" benchmark(or stresstest) and the screen just returned black before my audio looped itself, which was a new kind of crash for this system(011718- 9812-01, 0x00000116). Most of the times the reliability monitor returns a "video hardware error"(always :"BCCode 117"), sometimes a "windows stopped working" and one time that error i was talking about earlier. Are there any Ways to save my System without spending too much? And how do i correctly analyze the Problem?

Sorry for any spelling and grammar errors in advance.

Specs:

Win7 64 Home Premium

Sharkoon WPM700 Bronze

Strix GTX 970 (sometimes shortly overclocked)

i5 4590 (stock)

HyperX FURY 2x 8GB

Arctic Freezer 13

ASRock H87 pro4 (BIOS Version 2.1)

SATA SSD & 7.2K HDD

All parts were bought new.

011718-10093-01.dmp

011718-11668-01.dmp

011718-9812-01.dmp

May be your PSU. 

from toms hardware

More about sharkoon wpm 700 bronze psu good

1. No better than any generic PSU. Sharkoon's units are Tier Five on Tom's Hardware's PSU Tier List (Link in signature). Quoting from that article:

Quote:
    Tier Five
    Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

Not to be used even in low power builds for normal use, let alone gaming PCs.