Which GPU could I replace my GTX580 SOC with?

ChatDaw
Go to solution Solved by SilkyDistress,
5 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

-snip-

Wait, hold off from buy cause GPU prices have skyrocketed in last few weeks due to shortage.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an answer to this: I currently have a Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC 1.5GB graphics card

I'm wondering which GPU (at a reasonnable cost) could I replace it with? I don't mind buying used.
I was looking for a GTX 780 reference or something like that (like that sexy stock cooler) but couldn't find one at a reasonnable price.
I have no fixed budget for now but the lower the better without going back in GPU performance.

My CPU is an i7 2600K on this config and I have an EVGA 500W 80+ PSU.

If you know anything that could help me and possibly ships to Europe (France), i'm in!

Thanks to every reply.
If my post isn't in the right forum/subsection, please let me know.

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.

5 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

-snip-

Wait, hold off from buy cause GPU prices have skyrocketed in last few weeks due to shortage.

PC Specs : i7 7700k, 24 GB @ 2666 MHz, ASUS Strix GTX 970, ASUS Z170-K, 960 EVO 250 GB, 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x 2 TB WD Purple RAID 0, Green 1 TB

2 minutes ago, SilkyDistress said:

-snip-

Yeah I noticed that, do you think the used market got inflated as much too?

Just now, ChatDaw said:

Some places on the used market are inflated because people are taking advantage of the price hike to sell their old or current hardware at a premium. If you find a well priced and reliable looking seller then by all means. For now waiting the hike out might be your best bet

3 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

It is probably, you might be better served with NVIDIA's GTX 10** series cause of higher VRAM, much better performance and lower power consumption. Also you don't have warranty and if card breaks say goodbye to it :/

PC Specs : i7 7700k, 24 GB @ 2666 MHz, ASUS Strix GTX 970, ASUS Z170-K, 960 EVO 250 GB, 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x 2 TB WD Purple RAID 0, Green 1 TB

2 minutes ago, Saieshan Dadi said:

Some places on the used market are inflated because people are taking advantage of the price hike to sell their old or current hardware at a premium. If you find a well priced and reliable looking seller then by all means. For now waiting the hike out might be your best bet

Hehe. Lowkey gonna sell my 580 and 970..

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

8 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an answer to this: I currently have a Gigabyte GTX 580 SOC 1.5GB graphics card

I'm wondering which GPU (at a reasonnable cost) could I replace it with? I don't mind buying used.
I was looking for a GTX 780 reference or something like that (like that sexy stock cooler) but couldn't find one at a reasonnable price.
I have no fixed budget for now but the lower the better without going back in GPU performance.

If you know anything that could help me and possibly ships to Europe (France), i'm in!

Thanks to every reply.

Well it may be a few months before you can get a new GPU again since Nvidia is no longer producing the Pascal cards, they have already switched to Volta a month or so ago, and there is a major GPU shortage, because of a recent driver update (or something) that improved Nvidias mining figures, then again the crpytocurrency market is on a huge downward spiral today Bitcoin alone has already lost $200 in the past 6 hours. therefore miners may start selling their mining GPUs.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 minutes ago, Saieshan Dadi said:

-snip-

1 minute ago, SilkyDistress said:

-snip-

Guess i'll stick with my 580 then until prices go down or until I can buy a GTX 1060 or something like that.
Thanks for replies :)

Gpu prices are insane rn. I wouldn't buy anything for awhile

3 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

Guess i'll stick with my 580 then until prices go down or until I can buy a GTX 1060 or something like that.
Thanks for replies :)

Lol the 1060 is one of the worst cards to get right now. currently it is the 1030 or the 1050, neither of which are good options. the 1050 is only 15% more powerful than the GTX 580 according to Userbenchmark. P.S. the 1060 is selling for $400 for 3GB or $500 for 6GB well over twice that of a month and a half ago.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Lol the 1060 is one of the worst cards to get right now. currently it is the 1030 or the 1050, neither of which are good options. the 1050 is only 15% more powerful than the GTX 580 according to Userbenchmark.

Userbenchmark is wh**e sh*t as a source, GTX 1060 is he best bet but NVIDIA mining drivers made shortage so he can wait for 1060 or even Volta. 1050 is not worth, I would in his shoes go for GTX 1050 Ti cause of double VRAM.

5 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Hehe. Lowkey gonna sell my 580 and 970..

I wouldn't blame you. It does make the most sense. Why wouldn't someone sell a 1080 for 800$ + if they only spent 600$ +/- on it 

3 minutes ago, SilkyDistress said:

Userbenchmark is wh**e sh*t as a source, GTX 1060 is he best bet but NVIDIA mining drivers made shortage so he can wait for 1060 or even Volta. 1050 is not worth, I would in his shoes go for GTX 1050 Ti cause of double VRAM.

the 1050ti is next to impossible to get your hands on right now. It also is a good mining card. unless you are willing to spend twice as much as a 1050.

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

the 1050ti is next to impossible to get your hands on right now. It also is a good mining card.

yeah but still, GT 1030 is for esport titles and 1050 is for light gaming.

Just now, SilkyDistress said:

yeah but still, GT 1030 is for esport titles and 1050 is for light gaming.

That is why I don't recommend buying it.

29 minutes ago, ChatDaw said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks to every reply.

Down in your signature you have 4 PC builds, but unless you need all 4 just sell them and build yourself a nice build.

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

11 minutes ago, Saieshan Dadi said:

I wouldn't blame you. It does make the most sense. Why wouldn't someone sell a 1080 for 800$ + if they only spent 600$ +/- on it 

Bought my hybrid 580 for 30$, i can resell for 60-150$

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Bought my hybrid 580 for 30$, i can resell for 60-150$

#ProfitsForProphets :D