formatting a SSD

Raphael_123
Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

When installing Windows you'll see a screen like this;

Partitions.jpg

With this you should highlight the drive, delete it, then format it. After that it should be formatted into NTFS and be able to install Windows.

Hello guys, so my motherboard is not coming until next week so i will not be able for build my PC until friday.

Mean while now that i have an SSD i would like to do a Loading time comparison in my PS3.

My PS3 will format my SSD. but after im done doing my research. what format does my PC is going to need ? will it format to the right format when i installing it in my PC ?

If not reformatting an unrecognizable drive isn't a problem. But it will probably be fine.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

For the PS3 it will need to be formatted to fat32, after that you will format it to NTSF for the PC. Once you load up the windows boot cd, it will run through some stuff but it should come to a screen where it shows your drive. Here you should see an option to "format" or "drive options". Somewhere in there you will be able to format it to NTFS and select allocation size of 4096B (4K).

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

When installing Windows you'll see a screen like this;

Partitions.jpg

With this you should highlight the drive, delete it, then format it. After that it should be formatted into NTFS and be able to install Windows.