Will a 550w psu work well with a gtx 1070ti and a Ryzen 5 1600

I just bought a 550w psu and want to run a 1070ti and Ryzen 1600 on it wondering if u should return it for a better one or is it good enough. 

Yeah its fine, alot of people overestimate their power draw by a large margin, you will probably only pull around 300ish watts with your build, if you get a better rated psu you could even overclock with the headroom.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah its fine, alot of people overestimate their power draw by a large margin, you will probably only pull around 300ish watts with your build, if you get a better rated psu you could even overclock with the headroom.

Thank you, I don’t really feel comfortable with over clocking as this is my first build

1 minute ago, fred32xp said:

Thank you, I don’t really feel comfortable with over clocking as this is my first build

Well the good news is both that 1600 and the 1070 ti can overclock really well when you feel more confident.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

That sounds like I will have to look into it later on then.