Reinstalled Windows - everything slow

Dragonheart

I just recently reinstalled Windows, it was getting clogged up and slow (plus I had had multiple hardware changes since the last install). However, now everything from gaming to web browsing is super sluggish. Even dragging windows around on my desktop causes them to occasionally freeze and stop moving. An in-game benchmark shows values that stay consistently above 30 FPS, but I am counting how many seconds it takes for each frame to be displayed. What might be the root of this problem?

Don't forget to "Quote" when replying so we can see it. 

1 hour ago, Balrog0fMorgoth said:

What hardware are you running?

1800X (OC to 4GHz)

Gigabyte X370 Gaming K3

16 Gb G.skill Ripjaws V (OC to 2666)

Gtx 1070 and 950

Windows 10 home

I did not change hardware when I reinstalled, this exact configuration worked before

8 minutes ago, Dragonheart said:

Gtx 1070 and 950

You've got a gtx 1070 and a gtx 950 running in the same system? Have you tried removing one or the other and seeing if that helps?

16 hours ago, Balrog0fMorgoth said:

You've got a gtx 1070 and a gtx 950 running in the same system? Have you tried removing one or the other and seeing if that helps?

Thank you for your suggestion. It appears that I play the part of the fool once more. The solution was so obvious... I am guessing the display driver got funky with both GPUs installed at a time. I had the 950 installed to mine XMR in the background. Removing it solved all of my problems. I will look into ways to get it to work. Maybe the driver has magically sorted itself out at this point...

EDIT: You are wise beyond measure. A simple removal and subsequent re-installation of the second GPU has fixed all of my problems.