Cryptokitties

Swegly

Just curious what your opinions on the site are and whether the chance for profit in this game is worth the time or investment. 

Also one thing im not sure about is, Are you essentially creating new money every time you breed cats? or do the transaction fees take away your profit?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

There is definitely chance for profit; however... if it's worth your time... that's up to you.

For me - I'd take a no in that.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just wondering, If I buy 2 cats for $5 each and breed them together, would the fee be the same price as breeding 2 $100 cats?

If I bought 2 $5 cats and paid the fee to breed them, is it basically a gamble on getting a return on the fee cost depending on what genes the offspring will have?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

1 minute ago, Swegly said:

-

Who is doing this and charging the breeding fee.

Time is money so I'd say the fee is the same.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Who is doing this and charging the breeding fee.

Time is money so I'd say the fee is the same.

You mean if I got the new cat, and then sired it for some time Id make back the fee money??

You mean if I got the new cat, and then sired it for some time Id make back the fee money??

Do not buy a new cat, just find a stray cat, you save money and earn more profit!

I am lost here, physical cat like the animal, oh sorry you mean crypto. I am lost.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Do not buy a new cat, just find a stray cat, you save money and earn more profit!

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I am lost here, physical cat like the animal, oh sorry you mean crypto. I am lost.

Cryptokitty is this fun little game that uses the Ethereum network (which can validate transactions for a lot of things not just ether) to create these digital cats that you can "adopt" (essentially you buy them), raise and trade. I just learned this xD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptokitties

The cool thing is, each cryptokitty has its own 256-bit genome with different attributes that you can pass on by breeding two cats. (hence OP asking what the fee is to breed them and if it is based on their value).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

what is this website? id like to learn about it

Ive spent a few hours today researching it because it seems like a good opportunity to make a little investment. I've been finding it pretty hard to understand though, in the sense that I dont really understand how a profit return is made. Basically its a cat breeding/trading/collecting game but the cats traits determine the demand of the cat and therefor the price of it.

2 minutes ago, Swegly said:

Ive spent a few hours today researching it because it seems like a good opportunity to make a little investment. I've been finding it pretty hard to understand though, in the sense that I dont really understand how a profit return is made. Basically its a cat breeding/trading/collecting game but the cats traits determine the demand of the cat and therefor the price of it.

and it uses ETH as payment?

10 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

and it uses ETH as payment?

yes

10 hours ago, Energycore said:

Cryptokitty is this fun little game that uses the Ethereum network (which can validate transactions for a lot of things not just ether) to create these digital cats that you can "adopt" (essentially you buy them), raise and trade. I just learned this xD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptokitties

The cool thing is, each cryptokitty has its own 256-bit genome with different attributes that you can pass on by breeding two cats. (hence OP asking what the fee is to breed them and if it is based on their value).

The main point of confusion for me with this whole thing is that Im not sure how you gain profit. Is it by siring the cat? or by selling the cat? And whether the fees are more than either of these things can actually gain you?

10 hours ago, Swegly said:

The main point of confusion for me with this whole thing is that Im not sure how you gain profit. Is it by siring the cat? or by selling the cat? And whether the fees are more than either of these things can actually gain you?

ill look into and mess around with it real quick and see what i can find out

umm it didnt really tell me how anything works, it just threw me into buying cats 

umm it didnt really tell me how anything works, it just threw me into buying cats 

yea I might just forget about the whole thing, because i feel like they should make it easier to understand if they really want to maintain a userbase

yea I might just forget about the whole thing, because i feel like they should make it easier to understand if they really want to maintain a userbase

so you just buy two breed then and it makes a new cat and you hope its worth more? thats all im seeing so far 

so you just buy two breed then and it makes a new cat and you hope its worth more? thats all im seeing so far 

yes, or you can rent your cat to other people for them to breed with it. But all of these transactions have fees and I just dont understand how you would end up making a positive amount of money

26 minutes ago, Swegly said:

I'm not entirely sure you can make money off this game, it might just be a fun thing. If you wanna make money, stick to trading. Ripple has had some huge variance that could be capitalized on and eth is on the way down slowly. so it may be time to buy soon

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

I'm not entirely sure you can make money off this game, it might just be a fun thing. If you wanna make money, stick to trading. Ripple has had some huge variance that could be capitalized on and eth is on the way down slowly. so it may be time to buy soon

Thing is, I am new to cryptocurrency and the only reason I considered starting now with cryptokitties was because they made it into a trading game. I spend alot of time collecting and trading CS:GO/PUBG items, so I just thought it could be something fun while making a bit  of money

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

trading? how do you make money trading 

trading? how do you make money trading 

You buy X currency when it costs 100 USD, then you sell it when it's worth 120? :P

That's the gist of it. There's a lot of material you can read about security trading in general over at https://www.investopedia.com/

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You buy X currency when it costs 100 USD, then you sell it when it's worth 120? :P

That's the gist of it. There's a lot of material you can read about security trading in general over at https://www.investopedia.com/

oh you call that trading i didnt know that and that's what i've been doing, thought it was just buying and selling