iphone wps problem

ianspy1

Hello my dad has set our Router to a wps Mode and now i cant join with my iphone only if i Put in the passwd aktivate wps on the Router it stays connected for 5 min what can i do

From network security point of view, turn off WPS completely and connect by the usual key method. Way more secure, WPS has a lot of loopholes.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

8 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

From network security point of view, turn off WPS completely and connect by the usual key method. Way more secure, WPS has a lot of loopholes.

Said the Same to my dad but He wont change his mind

Throw the Router out and when he asks where it is say someone must of stole it and then say i told you not to have it set up with WPS and it had to many loopholes.

Update the router software, also have you tried "forgetting" the network on your iPhone? Short of that the tried and true off/and then back on for both the router and your iphone. 

48 minutes ago, Balrog0fMorgoth said:

Update the router software, also have you tried "forgetting" the network on your iPhone? Short of that the tried and true off/and then back on for both the router and your iphone. 

yes i have done that also i tryed setting up a statik dns

8 hours ago, Myxzoid said:

Throw the Router out and when he asks where it is say someone must of stole it and then say i told you not to have it set up with WPS and it had to many loopholes.

would be weard frome the attic