SSD vs HDD

itrue21

I am making a gaming desktop and i want to know what would be better for gaming. I plan on not DLing to much on my computer so a I would be getting a 240 SSD as the only drive. Which one would be better for windows 7?

for gaming there both the same, game loads sits in ram

for all other purposes an ssd is great

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

If you don't plan on having a crap tonne of stuff on the computer then an SSD is a fantastic way to go, especially if you just buy the SSD now and if you find you need more space you could always just drop in a HDD later on down the track as a storage drive or even use a NAS to store things like music.

The only reason why I don't use SSD's is they cost a lot more per gb than HDD's and I store all my music in FLAC and ALAC...

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

game loads do not necessarily sit in the ram. Depending on the game a faster HDD will certainly improve load times. Things like BF4 will improve from a faster HDD / SSD.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

my loading times in bf4 where 5x as short when i bought an ssd, compared to my hdd...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Get an SSHD

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3