Advice for a new monitor

swahaars

Hi i am looking for a new monitor but i am really lost in the web of what is best to take. 
I have i5 4670 16gb ram and a GTX 1060 6gb. for the time beeing i am using a 27inch ips screen 60hz that is getting really old.

the real problem is that you can't really go look at screens arround where i live couse the lack of stores that sell gaming monitors.

my prefferences would be 27inch and 144hz because i play fps games mainly and ive read that 144hz just makes so much of a difference,

but i am having doubts about 1080p or 2k and also if i should take one with gsync or not? 4k i dont want yet couse of the windows scaling and my wife uses the pc sometimes for adobe the scaling in that is horrific apparently.

I also dont wanna buy another monitor in like 2 years, so with an eye on the future what would you guys/girls buy if you had 450€ (500dollar) to spend?

for a gtx 1060 6gb, a 1080p is the best. G sync is totally optional, but monitors with g sync are expensive

By the way, $500 is a lot of money to spare on a 144hz 1080p monitor, I live in the US and have a 1440p 144hz dell monitor 27inch for $500. With the money u have, I think u should go for ones from asus, their monitors are high quality and especially great for gaming

3 minutes ago, Nooby9 said:

By the way, $500 is a lot of money to spare on a 144hz 1080p monitor, I live in the US and have a 1440p 144hz dell monitor 27inch for $500. With the money u have, I think u should go for ones from asus, their monitors are high quality and especially great for gaming

only 1080p monitor i can buy here from asus is asus rog strix xg27vq the rest is all 2k ^^

1 minute ago, Nooby9 said:

How about this one: asus VG278Q

that seems like a nice one indeed. still tho doenst gsync help make a monitor future proof? i'll always stick with nvidia anyway so.

45 minutes ago, swahaars said:

only 1080p monitor i can buy here from asus is asus rog strix xg27vq the rest is all 2k ^^

That one is also great!

G sync is great, if u think is worth the money, go for one!