GPU Fan is making a loud buzzing noise(VIDEO included)

iHDCool

Hey guys. So I noticed a loud buzzing coming from pc, it used to be a rare thing, now it's everytime I start my pc. I opened my side case and I saw that one of the GPU fans was obviously going slower and running in a weird way. Now idk if the motor of the fan or something is the problem or it's touching this blue wire wich it has on the back even tho both seem unlikely. I'll get a compressed air can today to even clean the dust... Help please

It's a gtx 1050ti LP 4gb MSI

WhatsApp Video 2018-01-14 at 12.07.17 PM.mp4

I realize it's kind of a pain to download the video but please, I need ur help 

Anyone?  Please? 

I got a compressed air can, cleaned the pc, started it up, and it was fine then after about 5 sec it started doing the same thing. It's been like 4 mins now, and it just stopped. 

No, it goes away, i just checked the fans, both running... 

1 hour ago, iHDCool said:

Please help.. this buzzing sound, driving me crazzyyyyy

Take the card out, check for physical damage, if it doesn't have any you caused somehow, use the warranty. Start an RMA process and get a replacement card.

That is as long as it's not something obvious like a cable pushing up against the fan blades.

18 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Take the card out, check for physical damage, if it doesn't have any you caused somehow, use the warranty. Start an RMA process and get a replacement card.

That is as long as it's not something obvious like a cable pushing up against the fan blades.

I bought it on a local store a few months ago.. they dont have any warranty or anything. From what I've seen, when I start the pc, the first fan makes this buzzing noise and you can easily notice that it's not spinning like the other fan. Then if I start a game for example, it goes from buzzing to slightly quiter and then to normal .-. dont know what's going on 

4 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

I bought it on a local store a few months ago.. they dont have any warranty or anything. From what I've seen, when I start the pc, the first fan makes this buzzing noise and you can easily notice that it's not spinning like the other fan. Then if I start a game for example, it goes from buzzing to slightly quiter and then to normal .-. dont know what's going on 

I don't mean the warranty with the store.

I mean the warranty with the manufacturer.

Contact the brand that makes your video card, tell them your issue, and ask for a replacement card.

19 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

I don't mean the warranty with the store.

I mean the warranty with the manufacturer.

Contact the brand that makes your video card, tell them your issue, and ask for a replacement card.

lol idk where that happens xD the brand doesnt even have HQ in my country albania.... that's some US/Canada/UK type of stuff :P 

it's MSI btw 

10 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

lol idk where that happens xD the brand doesnt even have HQ in my country albania.... that's some US/Canada/UK type of stuff :P 

it's MSI btw 

Go to their page, the international page if there is one that's separate, and then contact support there.

Try anyways.

17 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

it's MSI btw 

Okay, MSI's support page is just incredibly confusing.

Go to this page: https://www.msi.com/support

Type in your model number for your card in the left where it says quick search find a product.

Make sure it's the exact model number as there are a few that are named similarly.

Open the page for it.

Now click on service in the bar above.

Now click contact us in the left menu and you'll get some contacts.

Register your product and login too.

There may be more options when you do that.

You almost always have to register products to have access to their warranty support.

30 minutes ago, iHDCool said:

it's MSI btw 

You know what, scratch half of what I said.

I'm 100% certain that you need to create an account and register the card first in order to get access to support.

I've done it before with MSI. I just remembered.

Just make sure you tell them that the card came like that and it was nothing you did. No product's warranty will cover physical damage you caused.

I bet the fan shroud is just bent a little somewhere making the fan unable to spin correctly. That's my guess. That's all it takes. You want to be very clear about it coming that way with stuff like this that's likely due to damage to the product.

Anyways, I don't know if they cover warranties to your country, but definitely give it a shot.

might be a bad fan bearing, looks like its shaking in there pretty badly. can't hear the video at work because my computer has craptastic speakers.

Okay so I noticed something, don't know if this is like a 100% thing but I'm just gonna say it. From what I'm seeing, when the card is underload with games or anything that needs to make it work harder with higher clock and stuff like that, and especially when it's on a higher temp, it's not buzzing, it stops but when I'm like back at 1 tab, sometimes the buzzing comes back. I'll try the MSI support.

Do you guys think this is connected to coil whine? Should I take it to some local pc shop or later?