Slow BIOS Boot Times

Hey Guys,

I have been experiencing a slow transition from the BIOS screen to my Windows 10 OS. 10 seconds used to be the time it took for my PC to get from the BIOS screen to the windows desktop, and currently is 21 seconds. As soon as I turn on my PC and the BIOS screen appears, The GIGABYTE logo disappears well after the 'Delete: BIOS setup, F12: Boot Menu, End: Q-Flash' text disappears when previously, they where in near sync with each other. After that, the dash on the top-left hand corner appears (as it previously did) but stays for about 7 seconds before the Windows logo appears. Once the Windows Logo appears, my PC is incredibly fast.

I do have 'Fast Boot' enabled and the boot priority set to my Boot drive as well as severely limited the startup programs.

CPU: 6700K

CPU Cooler: Be Quiet Silent Loop 280m

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 2x16

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 6 Rev 1.0

Motherboard BIOS Version: F22

Boot Drive: Samsung SSD 960 Pro 512GB

Storage Drive: Seagate 2TB SSHD

Other Drive: Toshiba 64GB mSATA SSD (This drive has been accidentally wiped and is sitting in my system unallocated. This drive previously held my Linux Boot and I have not reinstalled it because I have had no time recently)

Thanks

I should also mention that after I enabled XMP, figured out that it make my system unstable, and disabled it again, the problem started to occur.

Hold the shift key when you well windows to power down. that will tell it to normal boot next time.

1 minute ago, unkn0wn1 said:

Hold the shift key when you well windows to power down. that will tell it to normal boot next time.

I'll Try disabling Fast Boot and see if the problem still occurs.

1 hour ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

I should also mention that after I enabled XMP, figured out that it make my system unstable, and disabled it again, the problem started to occur.

XMP shouldn't make your system unstable, those are the clocks your RAM is rated for.

Are you sure it isn't something to do with the Linux install being absent? Dual boots tend to cause all sorts of weird issues when you start removing and reinstalling OSes

1 hour ago, Apepa said:

XMP shouldn't make your system unstable, those are the clocks your RAM is rated for.

Are you sure it isn't something to do with the Linux install being absent? Dual boots tend to cause all sorts of weird issues when you start removing and reinstalling OSes

No idea, for now, I'll unplug the lin X boot and see if it has any affect.

15 hours ago, faziten said:

Anything new plugged in any recent BIOS upgrade? try diconnecting every peripheral except monitor and keyboard.

No nothing new.

16 hours ago, Apepa said:

That didn't work, still slow BIOS boot, I seems like it can't find the OS or is looking for other OSs that aren't there

2 hours ago, JustAStrangeGeek said:

No nothing new.

That didn't work, still slow BIOS boot, I seems like it can't find the OS or is looking for other OSs that aren't there

That's what I thought it might be. Maybe try using a Windows install media to attempt a startup repair?

1 hour ago, Apepa said:

That's what I thought it might be. Maybe try using a Windows install media to attempt a startup repair?

The thing is, its most likely not Windows, the problem happens before Windows starts up. Once the Windows 10 logo appears, the PC is as fast as ever.

Couple things to try

• Clear the CMOS with the button on the mainboard.  
  • Switch BIOS's to the backup BIOS.
  • Test bare board, only have only your display plugged in, remove all hard drives, SSD's, USB devices, DVD's, etc.  Then see if your boot time is any faster.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z170x-gaming-g1_e.pdf