45 FPS Lock in Games

Snek

So I've been having an issue with my games lately. When I'm playing rainbow Six Siege and GTA V (At least this is where I've noticed it) after a few minutes my framerate locks at 45 FPS. It'll sit at 120 or so frames, and no matter what it locks back to 45 FPS. In Rainbow Six i can fix it for about 2 minutes by going to the controls menu of all things, but GTA V won't get back to 60 FPS. I've tried turning on Vsync in game and on the Nvidia control panel, turning it back off, and setting a frame limit in the games. Nothing works, so I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. My PC specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600

MSI A320M Grenade

8GB DDR4 2133 MHz

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming

(It's not an issue of thermal throttling either, all of my temps on my GPU and CPU are sub-60 degrees Celsius and usage is at 80-100 %.)

Sometimes the nvidia control panel can mess up some settings with frame rates, I’d check there.

I used to have this problem now and then and it was cause by geforce experience. If it's installed then uninstall it and see if it sorts it. If not the just install it again.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000