need help accasing SRW2048 webview

kelvindeschutter

so i picked up this working SRW2048 (using it now as a unmanaged switch) but i'm unable to access either the web-view or console

things i tried: trying the default ip, ip scanning to try find the ip, connecting to it via serial (even attempting this during power cycling), googling my problem

so now i'm kinda at the point that I don't know what to attempt next

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

Have you done a reset on the switch?

Try to telnet using putty or another program to 192.168.1.254 and hit the enter key a couple times or browse to that IP as well.

The default username is admin with no password

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2048/administration/guide/SRW-US_v10_UG_A-Web.pdf

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

14 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Have you done a reset on the switch?

Try to telnet using putty or another program to 192.168.1.254 and hit the enter key a couple times or browse to that IP as well.

The default username is admin with no password

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/srw2048/administration/guide/SRW-US_v10_UG_A-Web.pdf

just tried that and got an connection time out error

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

15 minutes ago, kelvindeschutter said:

just tried that and got an connection time out error

Did you fully reset it?

I forget if those switches even have a reset button or not to erase anything that might be on there.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Did you fully reset it?

I forget if those switches even have a reset button or not to erase anything that might be on there.

no they do not have a reset button. but in the mean time i have contacted the dude I bought it from asking for the ip address (he already gave me the login when i picked it up) i will continue to search online for the mean time awaiting his reply

edit: dude replied fast apparently it was: 182.168.1.254 (no wonder i couldn't find it)