New W10 Install, settings page takes a while to load

Dujith

I'm having this weird issue with a few new PC that i am building atm.

The setting page in a fresh Windows 10 installation sometimes takes forever to load (30 sec roughly), it will show the screen but it stays blue for a while.

This issue also happens in Edge when i click a link it will take a long while to load. The moment i install chrome i do not have that issue anymore. The settings delay is still there tho.

PC's i'm building:

i7 7700, 16GB, Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H, Samsung EVO 850 256 GB SSD

What i did:

Build the PC, insert the USB created with the mediatool

Booted the PC and installed Windows 10 Pro, note that i have not used a key at this point as i want to do that when everything is up an running.

Booted into Windows 10 and ran update a few times till it said i have no updates

What i looked at:

Device manager: Everything has a driver it seems as i have no devices showing a warning. I just see the device tree without anything open.

Taskmanager: Shows no high usage at anything when the settings screen is still completely blue.

Windows Version/Build: 1709/16299.192

Its not consistant but happens enough that it annoys me :D 

45 minutes ago, Dujith said:

-snip-

Did you try to update BIOS and install Windows in UEFI mode and does it have this settings like WHQL Windows 10 or something like that ?

PC Specs : i7 7700k, 24 GB @ 2666 MHz, ASUS Strix GTX 970, ASUS Z170-K, 960 EVO 250 GB, 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x 2 TB WD Purple RAID 0, Green 1 TB

Just now, SilkyDistress said:

Did you try to update BIOS and install Windows in UEFI mode and does it have this settings like WHQL Windows 10 or something like that ?

Did an BIOS update and kept 1 machine without the BIOS update. Both same weird delay.

Windows is installed in UEFI mode (checked with systeminfo -> "BIOS-modus EUFI")

What do you mean with the WHQL? I have not installed any other drivers then what Windows did on its own.

7 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Did an BIOS update and kept 1 machine without the BIOS update. Both same weird delay.

Windows is installed in UEFI mode (checked with systeminfo -> "BIOS-modus EUFI")

What do you mean with the WHQL? I have not installed any other drivers then what Windows did on its own.

Its an option on Gigabyte's mobo's for secure boot from what I know. :/

Maybe this post will help you : https://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56219-secure-boot-windows-8-activation.html#post443818

PC Specs : i7 7700k, 24 GB @ 2666 MHz, ASUS Strix GTX 970, ASUS Z170-K, 960 EVO 250 GB, 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x 2 TB WD Purple RAID 0, Green 1 TB

4 hours ago, SilkyDistress said:

Its an option on Gigabyte's mobo's for secure boot from what I know. :/

Maybe this post will help you : https://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56219-secure-boot-windows-8-activation.html#post443818

Did that, no difference.

Tho after setting chrome as browser and a reboot the settings page is now loading normally.

Edge however is still hanging for 30sec after clicking a link at times. So i'm thinking that has something todo with eachother.

No clue what yet :S