Best TN Panel

cameronmcleod71
Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
1 minute ago, cameronmcleod71 said:

Do you do much gaming? I heard that g sync is a game changer for some games. I'm not sure if I'm correct though, maybe its not worth the money.

I do a ton of gaming, mostly esports type stuff

how much adaptive sync matters is on a case by case basis, depends on

If you notice screen tearing in X game

how much do you care about about screen tearing

If you can't get over 60fps in X game

adored's video is on free-sync but the same things apply. I wouldn't spend extra money for adaptive sync in any event, for 1080p 144hz TN displays it's nearly a $200 difference just to have the privilege of using G-sync.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4MRnsJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4MRnsJ/by_merchant/

Monitor: AOC - G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($489.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Monitor: Asus - MG248Q 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($299.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $789.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-11 18:58 EST-0500

Hello, I am looking for a 1440p gsync 144hz monitor. I wanted to pick up a monitor with an IPS panel but the price difference is just too high, so I though I'll just get a monitor with the best possible colors for a TN panel. Any ideas?

From what I've seen of them all of the 1440P 144Hz GSync TN monitors have good TN panels. I would personally advise looking at Dell's offerings, but that's mainly because from my experience, Dell makes fantastic monitors with excellent panels. 

The market for those monitors is so tight that none of them can really afford to be significantly worse than the others and I haven't heard of any of them being worse than the others consistently. 

16 minutes ago, cameronmcleod71 said:

Hello, I am looking for a 1440p gsync 144hz monitor. I wanted to pick up a monitor with an IPS panel but the price difference is just too high, so I though I'll just get a monitor with the best possible colors for a TN panel. Any ideas?

Just buy a free-sync IPS display?

What's your budget/country?

TN is always trash

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just buy a free-sync IPS display?

What's your budget/country?

TN is always trash

I live in Canada and from what I see you should either go for g sync or ips, because monitors with both with 1440p and 144hz are too exspensive. My budget is 700 cad max, unless I see a great deal.

51 minutes ago, cameronmcleod71 said:

I live in Canada and from what I see you should either go for g sync or ips, because monitors with both with 1440p and 144hz are too exspensive. My budget is 700 cad max, unless I see a great deal.

Then I would just get a 1080p 144hz TN display man, TN is fine there because it's cheap, you might be able to find VA korean monitors though like this one

looks like the cheapest 1440p IPS 144hz is $699 CAD, like $150 USD more than it should be
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/xYx9TW/nixeus-nx-edg27-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-edg-27

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then I would just get a 1080p 144hz TN display man, TN is fine there because it's cheap, you might be able to find VA korean monitors though like this one

looks like the cheapest 1440p IPS 144hz is $699 CAD, like $150 USD more than it should be
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/xYx9TW/nixeus-nx-edg27-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-edg-27

Looks like a good monitor but the only thing it is missing is g sync. I will look into other Korean monitors though.

19 minutes ago, cameronmcleod71 said:

Looks like a good monitor but the only thing it is missing is g sync. I will look into other Korean monitors though.

I would suggest you just forget about G-sync and save your money

I can tell you I never even turn on the free-sync on my display, 144hz in general is going to make it less noticeable.

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

I would suggest you just forget about G-sync and save your money

I can tell you I never even turn on the free-sync on my display, 144hz in general is going to make it less noticeable.

Do you do much gaming? I heard that g sync is a game changer for some games. I'm not sure if I'm correct though, maybe its not worth the money.

1 minute ago, cameronmcleod71 said:

I do a ton of gaming, mostly esports type stuff

how much adaptive sync matters is on a case by case basis, depends on

how much do you care about about screen tearing

adored's video is on free-sync but the same things apply. I wouldn't spend extra money for adaptive sync in any event, for 1080p 144hz TN displays it's nearly a $200 difference just to have the privilege of using G-sync.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4MRnsJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/4MRnsJ/by_merchant/

Monitor: AOC - G2460PG 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($489.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Monitor: Asus - MG248Q 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($299.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $789.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-11 18:58 EST-0500

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Actually never have before and I do and i do alot of gaming!

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

This isnt a problem either. thank you for you help I think I decided on not worrying about gsync when buying a new monitor!