The Spectre and meltdown CPU "issues"

Themostdead

Hey everyone,

So i've been reading about people getting the updates for the so dreaded "weakpoint"

Today i got some issues with windows update but with a little workarround i've gotten them finally, now how and where can i see if those are the updates for the CPU issue becaus it seems people with haswell cpu's like me are being hit pretty hard with a performance hit i'll send a screenshot of my update list, it's in dutch but ill try my best to tranlate!

Translate from top to botom:

Monthly Quality update for windows 7 for 64x based systems

Security and quality rollup for .net framework

Windows program for removing harmfull software for 64x systems january

microsoft .net framework 4.7.1 for windows 7 and windows servers 2008 r2 for 64x

Any other info you might have will be appreciated aswell!

blablabla.jpg

What kind of performance issues Haswell users are supposed to have?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What kind of performance issues Haswell users are supposed to have?

It heavily depends on your use-case. If you're only doing some office stuff, you won't notice any performance drops.

Gaming could be a bit slower, especially the loading times and if you perform heavy I/O tasks like running a database server you will definitely notice a lower performance and higher response times.

Massive I/O tasks in combination with a non-spinning drive (SSD) will experience performance drops up to 30%

46 minutes ago, daehned said:

It heavily depends on your use-case. If you're only doing some office stuff, you won't notice any performance drops.

Gaming could be a bit slower, especially the loading times and if you perform heavy I/O tasks like running a database server you will definitely notice a lower performance and higher response times.

Massive I/O tasks in combination with a non-spinning drive (SSD) will experience performance drops up to 30%

So in the end, nothing major for most of users. There's little chance that Z87 gets any BIOS updates, so no point of worrying too much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv