Pc crashes

Epiceleon

I have two different types of crashes on this pc.

One is that the monitor just freezes but the sound still plays. The other is when my monitor loses its input and goes black, and my peripherals also turn off, but the pc stays on. Both require hard restarts. What could be the problem?

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

I'm also currently evaluating the first problem on my Ubuntu PC. For me, it seems to be my power supply being very underpowered. What is your power supply? It is definitely a freeze, but I wouldn't call it a "crash" since if the audio is still playing the kernel is still executing code. (Somewhat at least.. ;))

3 minutes ago, laughingtnt said:

I'm also currently evaluating the first problem on my Ubuntu PC. For me, it seems to be my power supply being very underpowered. What is your power supply? It is definitely a freeze, but I wouldn't call it a "crash" since if the audio is still playing the kernel is still executing code. (Somewhat at least.. ;))

SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze

I don't actually give useful information, hopefully I just  say something funny.

Hm, what is the GPU? You probably have enough power going to the Graphics card. Also how old is the power supply?

20 hours ago, laughingtnt said:

Hm, what is the GPU? You probably have enough power going to the Graphics card. Also how old is the power supply?

its about 3 years old but i really dont think that it is a power problem at all.