Spotify Metadata issues with Car stereo system

Jay Scriven

Howdy peeps. Recently I've changed from Google Play Music to Spotify. The issue I'm having is spotify isn't sending metadata (Song title, Album and artist info) to my cars stereo system. I have a Samsung GS8 and couldn't get it to work so I tried my friends Nexus 6P and my own iPad, still no luck. I tried a few apps such as Fixify and a heap of others which are made to force send metadata through Bluetooth but still had no luck. I tried contacting spotify customer support but they told me they don't support Bluetooth playback so they couldn't help me unless my car has built in Android Auto or Carplay. I've made sure software is updated on all devices including my Car but still no luck. Seems weird that Google Play Music handled this easily but spotify can't.

A lot of posts and forums on spotify's community page indicate many people have this same issue.

I was thinking if anyone is familiar with the app 'Tasker' and could supply a guide on how to force update metadata over Bluetooth or something that might just work.