Hey guys! I'm planning to build a new PC at the end of the month since for the past two years or so, I've just been using my laptop... YIKES!

1. Budget & Location

My budget is ~$800 USD. I can go up to $850 after rebates, but no more. 

Here is my current plan for a new PC (The GPU price isn't listed here, but it will cost me ~170$)

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dFXxhq

2. Aim

My aim is to play many modern games with at least 1080p with 60+ FPS, which I can't do with my laptop. I also want to be able to emulate games I own from the GameCube, PS2 and Wii. I would also like to be able to record clips League of Legends. I also need to be able to edit mainly photos and an occasional video.

In order of importance: 1) Gaming 2) Photo editing 3) Recording & video editing 

I will be upgrading it in the future when I have more money to spend.

3. Monitors

I already have a monitor, although I can consider recommendations for a new one. I plan to have a second monitor in the future for web browsing on the side (I have a lot of older monitors that I could use for this purpose but they are VGA only).

4. Peripherals

I already have a keyboard and mouse. I will probably need an OS. Although I can save money by using a 300 GB hard drive with Windows 7 on it, I'd rather have more space for games and Windows 10.

If someone can recommend a good pair of headphones that can muffle background noise effectively for $30 (which wouldn't be a price included in my PC budget), that would be awesome.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm currently using a laptop that can't handle a lot of the stuff I want to do, as mentioned above.

6. Any major concerns with your build?

• Is cooling going to be a problem? I think that the 2 stock fans that come with the case and the stock cooler for the processor...o.O

• Is the power supply I chose too much... It looks like it might be, but I'm not sure if it includes the stock fans and cooler in it's estimate.

Sorry if the answer to these concerns seem obvious, I'm pretty new when it comes to PC building 

:$

2 minutes ago, BADFPSNOOBOHNO10FPS said:

You should be able to find the parts in USA btw.

The link shows me my own parts list, you need to include permalink to yours :P

It all looks reasonable to me. I would save a bit on the case and perhaps get a faster graphics card but i am not too worried about the cosmetic side of my systems. Its personal choice how pretty you want it to be. 

The 1050ti and R3 are not hot running so 2 fans should be ok, especially in that case. If not, add another fan later. 

As for the PSU its overkill on the watts but not really excessive. Its a good PSU and thats more important anyway. 

2 minutes ago, BADFPSNOOBOHNO10FPS said:

This a good build imo. Bit expensive  but a much better cpu and you can have a 2tb SSD. It's mostly the same but better peformance in the crucial parts like the cpu. :) https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Bro, you literally put together the same pc I put together on pc part picker lol.

You can get a Windows key from Reddit or Kinguin for $25

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($192.19 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B350-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($95.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: SK hynix - SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.14 @ Amazon)
Storage: *Western Digital - RE4 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.85 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Dual Video Card  ($244.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $816.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-09 09:31 EST-0500

:)

17 minutes ago, 5nacat said:

Hey guys! I'm planning to build a new PC at the end of the month since for the past two years or so, I've just been using my laptop... YIKES!

1. Budget & Location

Here is my current plan for a new PC (The GPU price isn't listed here, but it will cost me ~170$)

2. Aim

My aim is to play many modern games with at least 1080p with 60+ FPS, which I can't do with my laptop. I also want to be able to emulate games I own from the GameCube, PS2 and Wii. I would also like to be able to record clips League of Legends. I also need to be able to edit mainly photos and an occasional video.

3. Monitors

I already have a monitor, although I can consider recommendations for a new one. I plan to have a second monitor in the future for web browsing on the side (I have a lot of older monitors that I could use for this purpose but they are VGA only).

4. Peripherals

I already have a keyboard and mouse. I will probably need an OS. Although I can save money by using a 300 GB hard drive with Windows 7 on it, I'd rather have more space for games and Windows 10.

If someone can recommend a good pair of headphones that can muffle background noise effectively for $30 (which wouldn't be a price included in my PC budget), that would be awesome.

I'm currently using a laptop that can't handle a lot of the stuff I want to do, as mentioned above.

• Is cooling going to be a problem? I think that the 2 stock fans that come with the case and the stock cooler for the processor...o.O

• Is the power supply I chose too much... It looks like it might be, but I'm not sure if it includes the stock fans and cooler in it's estimate.

Sorry if the answer to these concerns seem obvious, I'm pretty new when it comes to PC building 

Your build is okay but I recommend a better GPU. Here is a link to more fps per dollar build:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NB9rJV

15 minutes ago, 5nacat said:

1. Budget & Location

2. Aim

3. Monitors

4. Peripherals

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BcjZ4C

For everything you are planning to do, a 1600 will serve you better, and you will more then likely need 16GB of RAM for the Photo/Video editing+recording. You don't need extra thermal paste, as it is pre-applied on the stock cooler. Adding an extra fan would not be a bad idea, but won't be necicery, as Ryzen doesn't exactly run hot and nor will that low of a tier graphics card. If you are willing to wait a few months, Ryzen 2 is right around the corner. If you need to get this done sooner, rather then later, go ahead and jump on it. If you are gonna get an OEM version of the OS, get your key from somewhere like Kinguin (the cost for Pro is only a few dollars more then Home).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($192.19 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($56.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 128GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Storage: Western Digital - RE4 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.85 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($268.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($40.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $776.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-09 09:52 EST-0500

add windows from kinguin.net or just use windows without a product key (you just can't customize some things, that's all)

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb