How could i improve my Build?

So I have this Rig which is pretty bog standard in sense as it was a pre built and some parts have been swapped out. (GPU n PSU  - Radeon R5 series {I think} , 750w now). Recently I got a Curved monitor So not having to play shiz on a 4:3 monitor. Don't worry go ahead and laugh. But I'm wondering what to upgrade atm?

The GPU I am happy with but I dunno if I should upgrade to 16GB RAM or get a new CPU as I'm running Intel i3 4th gen chip which has been handling things pretty well but are struggling with the likes of Division for some reason. Or should I just wait it out until I can get a bundle for the new intel 8th Gen i5 chip?

I tend to play the generic shooters and such sooo Arma III, Siege, CS:GO etc along with couple open worlds, Elite Dangerous, Division etc

I WILL ADD A PC SPECS LIST BELOW WHEN I AM ABLE TO :D 

CPU: i3 - 4130 (Quad Core)

GPU: Radeon R9 200 Series 

RAM: DDR3 8GB (Single Stick)

Mobo: HP pavilion stock board (Forgot Name :/ )

PSU: CiT 750w 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

You could just buy the highest end 4gen i7. Buying a 8th chip means new ram( ddr4 ram gets more and more expensive everyday), new mobo, new cpu. The 4th gen i7 should still hold up pretty good. Also ddr3 ram is cheaper so you should be able to get an used i7 and more ddr3 ram.

If you have an OC motherboard get an i7 4790k and use the money you saved for a GPU. 

Otherwise it’s really up to you. Whichever you upgrade (cpu+mobo; gpu) it’s going to be bottlenecked by the other component. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

How many dinero's you wish to expell from your large n long cowboy wallet sticking outta your back pocket?

Depends on the upgrade tbh

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Alex Colson said:

Depends on the upgrade tbh

Does not depends on the upgrade. People already suggested i7-4790k. I would suggest the non-K variant as I got strong beliefs that your motherboard won't support overclocking.

So i7-4790 is the best you can go on the CPU side.

But, I would also suggest to upgrade the GPU first. So go for GTX 1050 Ti if you can find it for a decent price (you could search used as well on local selling websites or eBay).

Your CPU could still handle the games you play (with decent FPS), so GPU is a priority if you want better graphical setting and FPS.

Also, please remember, when you're opening a thread and ask for help regarding upgrades, it's a very good idea to state a roughly budget so we know what to recommend the best for your money.

So "Depends on the upgrade tbh" is no good for us.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

-snip-

The reason I said 'Depends on the Upgrade tbh' was because of the desired parts obviously cpu's price range would be lower than gpu. As stat it was to improve the rig so it wouldn't be an immediate upgrade but one I would save up for over time.

Current games I play don't exactly get hung up and produce a steady 45fps minimum, Only one that worries me is The Division which Maxs out my CPU and did previously cause the game to crash...

3 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

so it wouldn't be an immediate upgrade but one I would save up for over time.

Not a good time to ask now. You should do the upgrade when you have all the money to do so. Prices will go lower so it's irrelevant to recommend a CPU or a GPU now if you plan to buy them 2 months from now.

The general feedback for a questions like this would be: Upgrade the CPU to the best one supported by your motherboard and upgrade to the best GPU taking in consideration bottlenecking to the CPU that you have upgraded to. But is not like that, that's why we need budget to work with, to find the best balance between performance and cost.

Also, we are not palm readers to know what resolution is the "curved monitor" and the graphical details you're looking for or the FPS you aim at.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

1 minute ago, r3loAded said:

-Snip-

Eh true, I was asking because If a got just a bit then I could start swapping things out, secondly I'm gonna be putting old parts into a a second Case for Video editing when I get more into things until then just spare parts to use when troubleshooting

Thanks for the advice!!